Question about Dell Inspiron 1318 Notebook
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Aug 05, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Mar 13, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 26, 2010 | Black & Decker Black Decker 400 Watt...
Feb 11, 2010 | Gateway M-6843 Notebook
Nov 09, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-S460 Notebook
Nov 03, 2009 | ASUS EEEPC901-GP010X Netbook
Sep 03, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-FW290JTB Notebook PC
Aug 21, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1420 Notebook
Jul 18, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: