Question about HP Compaq ProLiant DL380 G4 Server
I want to install a serial ata disk in a hp server proliant gl350, its necesary to install serial ata drivers.?
I know ATA disks are cheaper , but they don't last as long or are less reliable.
I do not recommend mixing SCSI and ATA .
Use one or the other , not both.
Do not try , unless your server is non critical.
If it is non critical , why bother with server , a PC will do as well.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Well u can install the SATA hdds in the server however it depends on the kind of controller these hard drives are connected. It also depends which generation server it is .
If the SATA Harddrives are connected to Embedded SAS/SATA controller You will have to install the controller drivers . This could be done using a USB floppy driver Press F6 during OS installation .
Note : Depending upon the kind of controller, drivers can be downloaded from the HP website . if it is a adaptec controller check during the POST what kind of controller it is ( It might says SAS1068 during the POST) and check for the same driver in adaptec website .
Following is the List of ML350 Series servers and their base model controllers :
Note : these server has optional controllers as well which can be found in the quick specs. Just google quicspecs <ML350 G5> you will get the info .
HP ProLiant ML350 G4
# Integrated Dual Channel U320 SCSI Adapter
# Smart Array 641 Controller
HP ProLiant ML350 G4p
* Integrated Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter
* HP integrated 2 Port SATA controller
* Smart Array 641 Controller (Standard in Array Models only)
HP ProLiant ML350 G3
* Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Ultra160/320 Controller
* Smart Array 641 PCI-X controller (3.06GHz models)
* Smart Array 532 PCI array controller installed on Array models (older models)
Compaq ProLiant ML350
Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter
Compaq ProLiant ML350 G2
* Integrated Dual Channel, Wide Ultra3 SCSI based on Adaptec 7899W/7902 Ultra160/320 Controller.
* 2 x 68-pin internal connectors located on the Server Feature Board.Smart Array 532 array controller installed on Array models
HP ProLiant ML350 G5
* Smart Array E200i Controller with 64MB of Cache
* Smart Array E200i Controller with 128MB and BBWC
hope this is helpful
Posted on Jun 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2013 | Computer Servers
May 19, 2012 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G4 Server
Jan 07, 2012 | HP ProLiant ML350 G4p Server
May 09, 2011 | HP ProLiant ML350 G4p Server
Apr 22, 2011 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G3 Server
Feb 26, 2011 | HP ProLiant ML150 G5 Server
Feb 15, 2011 | HP ProLiant ML150 G5 Server
Aug 04, 2010 | HP ProLiant DL160 G6 Server - 1 x Xeon...
Feb 01, 2010 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G3 Server
Mar 19, 2009 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G5 Server
Aug 02, 2012 | HP Compaq ProLiant DL380 G4 Server
799 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: