Question about HP Compaq ProLiant DL380 G4 Server
I want to install a serial ata disk in a hp server proliant gl350, its necesary to install serial ata drivers.?
I know ATA disks are cheaper , but they don't last as long or are less reliable.
I do not recommend mixing SCSI and ATA .
Use one or the other , not both.
Do not try , unless your server is non critical.
If it is non critical , why bother with server , a PC will do as well.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Well u can install the SATA hdds in the server however it depends on the kind of controller these hard drives are connected. It also depends which generation server it is .
If the SATA Harddrives are connected to Embedded SAS/SATA controller You will have to install the controller drivers . This could be done using a USB floppy driver Press F6 during OS installation .
Note : Depending upon the kind of controller, drivers can be downloaded from the HP website . if it is a adaptec controller check during the POST what kind of controller it is ( It might says SAS1068 during the POST) and check for the same driver in adaptec website .
Following is the List of ML350 Series servers and their base model controllers :
Note : these server has optional controllers as well which can be found in the quick specs. Just google quicspecs <ML350 G5> you will get the info .
HP ProLiant ML350 G4
# Integrated Dual Channel U320 SCSI Adapter
# Smart Array 641 Controller
HP ProLiant ML350 G4p
* Integrated Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter
* HP integrated 2 Port SATA controller
* Smart Array 641 Controller (Standard in Array Models only)
HP ProLiant ML350 G3
* Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Ultra160/320 Controller
* Smart Array 641 PCI-X controller (3.06GHz models)
* Smart Array 532 PCI array controller installed on Array models (older models)
Compaq ProLiant ML350
Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter
Compaq ProLiant ML350 G2
* Integrated Dual Channel, Wide Ultra3 SCSI based on Adaptec 7899W/7902 Ultra160/320 Controller.
* 2 x 68-pin internal connectors located on the Server Feature Board.Smart Array 532 array controller installed on Array models
HP ProLiant ML350 G5
* Smart Array E200i Controller with 64MB of Cache
* Smart Array E200i Controller with 128MB and BBWC
hope this is helpful
Posted on Jun 05, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2013 | Computers & Internet
May 19, 2012 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G4 Server
Jan 07, 2012 | HP ProLiant ML350 G4p Server
Apr 22, 2011 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G3 Server
Feb 26, 2011 | HP ProLiant ML150 G5 Server
Feb 15, 2011 | HP ProLiant ML150 G5 Server
Aug 04, 2010 | HP ProLiant DL160 G6 Server - 1 x Xeon...
Feb 01, 2010 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML350 G3 Server
Aug 08, 2009 | HP ProLiant DL380 G5 Storage Server 9TB...
Aug 02, 2012 | HP Compaq ProLiant DL380 G4 Server
803 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: