Question about Lexmark X3480 All-In-One Printer
No Paper in the machine
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2016 | Kodak Printers & Copiers
Jul 23, 2015 | Canon PIXMA MP-160 INKJET PRINTER...
Note Be careful to not force the print head to move.
If the print head is positioned at the far right hand side, you cannot move it. Please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".
Note Use a flashlight if necessary to check thoroughly.
Oct 26, 2010 | Brother Printers & Copiers
The message Paper Jam may
appear on the display if the Brother machine is not feeding paper
correctly, paper scraps have become stuck in the print head path, the
paper is not loaded properly in the paper tray, the jam clear cover
located in the back of the machine, is not installed properly or the PE
Actuator is missing or damaged.
To resolve this issue, please follow the steps listed below:
Sep 21, 2010 | Brother DCP-330C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Aug 15, 2009 | Brother Printers & Copiers
Sep 09, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Sep 17, 2007 | Ricoh Aficio 1018D Copier
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: