Question about Amana Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: kenmore HE2 front load error 5d
It is possible that instead of 5d that you have a SD. The SD error is usually form an excess of suds in the washer. In most cases you can run the machine through a couple rinse cycles and clear that right up. If that does not work then you will need to clean out the drain and your pump filter. The filer is located behind the bottom panel and you just unscrew it from the pump. If infact you had a 5D error then I am sorry for misinforming you, I have just never heard of a 5 D and I have been services them for years. I really hope this helped you, good luck.
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
5d is actually SD
it means SUDS
you have suds detected in the pump
Your using too much soap and the machine cannot rinse it
try one load with out any soap
from that load on you should not be using any more that a table spoon per load
Posted on Oct 20, 2009
5d is a definitely a the code for a plugged discharge. We removed the lower access panel and discovered a virtual treasure: $12.50 in quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies, a pen, a pencil, collar stays, 10 bobby-pins, 3 barrettes, a elastic headband, a draw string, a box cutter, 3 washers, 3 broken zipper parts, a elastic waist band. Amazing it took all to trigger a 5d error code. Hope this helps!
Posted on Apr 03, 2010
SOURCE: error code Sd (or 5d)
It means Suds Lock(Overdose of Detergent Detected During The Wash Cycle).If suds are detected continuously by the pressure switch during the drain or spin phases,the washer will fill 4 litres of water and during 5 minutes the unit will rest without tumbling,the water will be drained and it will try to spin or drain again.
If too much detergent was used:
– Run the unit through a Rinse/Spin cycle.
– Run a Normal cycle without adding any detergent.
This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check wire harness connections to the drain pump,pressure switch and Central Control Unit(CCU).
4. Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.
5. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
6. Check drain pump.
7. Check the pressure switch.
8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test.
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 20, 2011 | Samsung WF306BHW High Efficiency Front...
Hello & Welcome to FixYa
Error code 5d/Sd means suds have been detected. To solve this
problem you have to take the bottom front panel apart and then clean the drain
filter pump assembly completely, make sure the washer is unplugged before
working on it. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
Jul 01, 2011 | Kenmore Front Load Washer
Jun 01, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 24, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH6700A Front Load Washer
Dec 05, 2009 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
May 11, 2009 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Sep 25, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
239 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: