Question about Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2013 | Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
AS YOU ON THE SYSTEM AND EVEN BEFORE WINDOWS
STARTS KEEP PRESSING THE F8 KEY CONTINUEOUSLY. A MENU WILL APPEAR. SELECT SAFE
MODE AND ENTER. WINDOWS WILL LOAD IN SAFE MODE. THIS WILL SOLVE SOME OF YOUR
PROBLEMS. NOW RESTART THE SYSTEM IN NORMAL
IF THIS DOES NOT WORK SELECT "LOAD WINDOWS
WITH LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION " AND THEN RESTART. THIS WILL SURELY
SORT OUT YOUR PROBLEM.
PLS REPLY OR COMMENT. THANKS
May 15, 2011 | Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
May 03, 2010 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
Feb 22, 2010 | Dell Latitude C610 Notebook
Dec 19, 2009 | Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
Nov 25, 2009 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
Nov 21, 2009 | Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
May 10, 2009 | Dell Latitude D810 Notebook
Mar 26, 2009 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
320 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!