Question about HP Pavilion G60-235DX notebook
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2013 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Dec 02, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite Computers & Internet
Nov 01, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Sep 21, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 29, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 15, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Apr 21, 2010 | HP Compaq nc6000 Notebook
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: