Question about Apple iMac G5 Desktop
Thank you for contacting Fixya Support, I am glad to assist.
There are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot this issue:
Try a PMU Reset:
* Turn of your iMac if it is already turned off
* Disconnect all connections to the iMac except the power cord
* Now disconnect the power cord for approximately 20 seconds
* Reconnect just the power cable the keyboard, mouse and power cord, and then power your iMac G5 up.
* Check to see if the iMac boots up normally without power interruption.
* If the iMac G5 shuts off again, try these steps, another recommendation would be to remove all connections including the power cord, and lay the iMac G5 on soft cloth face down and with a philips screwdriver, remove the plate on the bottom of the iMac G5 where your RAM memory is located.
Before removing the RAM however, touch your hand on the metal boot to discharge any static current you carry for approximately 5 seconds.
Now remove each RAM card and then reseat (re-install) each card.
Restore the RAM card cover with your Philips screwdriver, reconnect your power cable, keyboard and mouse and turn on your iMac G5.
See if this second procedure helps if the first procedure does not work.
Let me know if this helps.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2014 | Televison & Video
Jun 27, 2012 | Tablets & eReaders
Aug 03, 2011 | Apple Power Mac G5 Desktop
Jan 31, 2011 | Apple Power Mac G5 Desktop
Sep 08, 2010 | HP 1200W 12V 48VDC Rps for DL380 G5 DL385...
May 23, 2010 | Apple Power Mac G5 Desktop
Jun 21, 2008 | Kirby G5 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Mar 07, 2008 | Kirby G5 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Jan 22, 2008 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W100 Digital Camera
Jul 15, 2017 | Apple iMac G5 Desktop
281 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: