Question about iRiver S7 (1 GB) MP3 Player
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: system files missing
I fixed this problem for my mate, here's what I did:
1) plugged in H10 to pc that didn't have any iriver software on it
a) I've read if you press the "o" button on the iRiver H10 when connecting it will just connect as a usb mass storage device
2) the H10 now appears as a mass storage device
3) right click on the drive, and select format ( I choose quick format)
4) install the iRiverFirmware updater from http://iriveramerica.com/support/mtpupdate/
5) when you run the updater, it found the H10, then asked if the device was from USA or Europe, mine was from Europe
6) It stated that the iRiver firmware was v0.0, and would install v2.51 (I've seen v2.53 available on the european iriver website but could not download it).
7) proceed with installing the updated firmware
8) on the last screen it says, unplug to complete firmware update - NOTE press Finish first before unplugging
9) switching on the iRiver it 'rebooted' a few times and then when the menu appeared, I connected to the pc and just dropped some mp3 files into the music directory and all was okay.
hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 14, 2007
SOURCE: Iriver H10 V's Vista
Try making sure the device is switched off before plugging it in - then turn on the power after it's connected.
Seems to've fixed the problem for me.
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
Okay, my IRiver broke with the same kind of problems but I've managed to fix it!
First off i connected the IRiver to the pc, and whilst it was connecting, pressed the 'select' button (the one on the front with the circle on it) to force it to connect.
Next i right clicked on it and selected format to wipe everything off it (just to make sure it was blank).
Next, go to www.iriver.com and on the left hand side click Support->Download and click on H10 in the product box. On that page should be a file to download called "[MTP]H10 5G/5G Pure/6G Firmware Upgrader/Recovery Tool(US & EU only)". The download icon is just underneath the title of it, so download, unpack using winrar ot winzip etc, then double click and follow the instructions.
It wiped the songs off, but i have an IRiver that works! Its an awful product in my opinion, but better to have it working than not. Can't guarentee that it'll work for everyone but it fixed mine first time.
Hope it helps!
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2009 | iRiver S7 (1 GB) MP3 Player
Jan 31, 2009 | Creative Labs Zen Stone Plus MP3 Player
Oct 19, 2008 | iRiver iHP-120 MP3 Player
Jul 27, 2008 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Apr 03, 2008 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Sep 04, 2007 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Aug 15, 2007 | iRiver T20 MP3 Player
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: