Question about Compaq Computers & Internet
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
4. The power button could be bad.
5. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
May 16, 2011 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Nov 24, 2010 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Dec 31, 2009 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Nov 26, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Oct 22, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
May 16, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Apr 03, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Apr 16, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario C500t Notebook
Feb 26, 2016 | Compaq TFT5015 15" LCD Monitor
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!