Question about Buffalo Technology 750GB USB SATA 2.0 HD DS 750 GB Hard Drive
USB-sata bridge only shows you the interfacing connection element that is being used. what i would suggest is that you check your USB ports settings depending on your laptop model. also if i may ask, does that 1 terabyte buffalo drive have external power? if not, then you should know that due to power limitations on the USB ports, it may not be possible to load both drives at the same time because this would exceed the available power for the ports. and hence the other drive will not be loaded.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
Rather than the SATA bridge, which can manage more than one device, the problem is likely the excessive power draw required to keep the two disks on.Try putting a powered USB hub in the middle, that should fix the problem: USB2HUB-7P-1V
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
Not knowing your OS I'm going to give you Windows 7 instructions.
1. Connect one of the external drives
2. Go to the Start Button and click.
3. In the little search box at the bottom type Administrative
4. Go up the list you see and click on Admistrative tools
5. In the window that opens, double click Computer Management
6. In the left pane window click once on Disk Management
7. In the new window, right click on your external drive and then go down the drop down menu and click on Properties
8. You should see your drive's name highlighted in blue.
9. Rename the drive, click Apply and OK
10 Restart your computer
11. Attach the 2nd drive and you should now see both
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2012 | Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB...
Jul 29, 2011 | Buffalo Technology 1TB DRIVESTATION COMBO...
Apr 05, 2011 | Western Digital WD 1TB 35" CAVIAR GREEN...
Apr 02, 2011 | Buffalo Technology Buffalo DriveStation...
Feb 17, 2011 | Buffalo Technology 1TB DRIVESTATION COMBO...
Apr 13, 2010 | Hitachi SimpleDrive Mini 250GB USB 20...
Mar 08, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Dec 18, 2009 | Buffalo Technology 500GB DRIVESTATION...
Nov 25, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2007 | LaCie 301103U 500 GB USB 2.0 Hard Drive
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: