Question about Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
Welcome to FixYa.
Based on your description, "the door will not open. I have tried running the drain cycle and that doesn't work either" ...there is likely something obstructing your pump/filter hence the door cannot open.
With bosch as with most front-load machines, if the pump is blocked or the unit doesn't drain sufficiently, the door will not unlock.
Anyway, here`s the most likely way to remedy the non-drain and manually unlock the door issue.
**Unplug the washer from the wall or turn off the breaker before attempting any repairs**
Get some towels and if possible a wet/dry vac. If the machine drained, it won't be too bad. If your machine is stuck full of water, that sucks...hopefully you won't get too wet. ( maybe you`re lucky enough to be close to a floor drain )
2. Find a drill bit or small screwdriver that fits in the hole in the round door.
3. Insert the bit into the hole in the door. It will push in a tab, it doesn't take much force. Rotate the hole (clockwise) to 6'oclock and it should come free. (the edges are very sharp so be careful or wear chain-mail gloves).
4. Once the door is out of the way you'll be greeted by a 3-4" plastic cap with wings so you can unscrew it by hand. ( if it's too tight it can be turned by plierI have a bosch next 500 series washer and the door - 4dbcd55.jpg)
**DOOR RELEASE** you'll see a green ring attached to the pump, if you pull this the door should unlatch, buI have a bosch next 500 series washer and the door - 10765e2.jpgit has water in it, getting it out first is usually a good plan )
5. There is a small collector lip at the bottom of the cap, that is where you can hold the wet/dry vac to catch the water. Unscrew slowly so you don't get flooded, until it is unscrewed all the way out. I have a bosch next 500 series washer and the door - 421b9fe.jpg /> 6. Now pull out the trap and visually inspect the inside of the pump as well as the filter/trap.
7. After inspecting for any debris or obstruction`s re-install the button trap/lint filter and plug the washer in to power or reset the breaker and give it a test.
**Run a load and watch for leaks. Leave the pump access door off until you are sure you screwed the cap in tight and there are no leaks**
Ultimately you may have a faulty drain pump, but I would certainly start by performing the things I listed first.
Let me know if you require further assistance and if not and this solves your problem, please rate the solution I provided accordingly.
Thank you for coming to "fixya" and good luck.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2013 | Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
Jun 13, 2011 | Bosch Nexxt 300 Series WFMC2201UC
Jun 13, 2010 | Bosch Nexxt 500 Plus WFMC5301UC
Jun 05, 2009 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Jan 26, 2009 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Nov 21, 2008 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Aug 31, 2008 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Aug 01, 2008 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Jan 22, 2008 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Jul 13, 2016 | Bosch Nexxt 500 WFMC3301 Front Load Washer
507 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: