Question about Microwave Ovens
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: baught a breville slow cooker
Here's a link to Breville products. You should be able to contact them for a knob replacement.
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
Hi I have the same model - I absolutely love it. The only problem is that the seal is broken and because Breville no longer supply parts I'm using it more as a slow cooker!
It's pretty simple to use:
1. Pull the handles apart (note you must have the 'pressure lock - the only sliding knob on the lid) in the 'unlocked position'.
2. Set the temperature on Max (only until the meat, onions etc are brown, then turn down to 1 or 2- just enough to keep the orange button 'popped' on the top of the machine
3. turn the timer (bottom dial on the front of the cooker) to an hour (you can always turn the dial more if needed, but not reduce time) by the time you've browned meat & chopped veges, etc that will be about 10-15 gone. I've never had it pressure 'cooking for more than an hour for anything'
3. re timing - casserole takes about 40 min from when the orange button on top 'pops' up (ie. steam build up enough pressure to cook quickly)
4. don't over fill - there's a little cast iron bump about an inch from the 'top' inside the cooker - that's about the max.
5. if you're cooking meat dishes have the dial on the top 'pressure release dial' on 3 - lighter dishes (e.g. soups) have on 1 or two.
6. until you get use to it keep an eye on the orange button - you get to know what temp to put it on by how much steam is released - it it's hissing away, turn the temperature down.
7. makes great casseroles, rissotto, soups (even with dried beans, only about 40 min)
if you ever find a supplier for seals, post an answer!
Posted on Jun 29, 2010
SOURCE: I need a manual /
Unfortunately, there is nowhere we can download a manual for your Breville Express Cooker EXC15. However, you may contact Breville customer support because they will send you through email a free user manual for this. Their toll free number is 1.866.BREVILLE (1.866.273.8455) 8am to 5pm Pacific Time. You can also send them an email to make a request at AskUs@BrevilleUSA.com.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Mar 28, 2011
SOURCE: I have Breville rice cooker
Here is a link to the main Breville Support page for your model:
And here is the direct link to the User's Manual for that model:
To view the Support Page or the Owner's Manual with Operating Instructions just use your mouse to click on the link, which is the underlined and highlighted text just above. This will open a new web browser page automatically for you and allow you to view the information at the website indicated and the contents of the Owner's Manual.
You may need ADOBE READER installed on your computer to read PDF documents.
You can download this free at WWW.ADOBE.COM if necessary.
Click on the DOWNLOAD ADOBE READER button on right side of the ADOBE home page when you get there, then follow the onscreen instructions to install the software on your computer.
Please comment back here to this page if you have any details to add, have any questions, have difficulty accessing the links, or just require further general assistance and I will respond as soon as I see it.
I hope that was helpful to you, good luck.
If you choose to rate this solution using the Thumbs Up scale provided, I thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Posted on Jun 15, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 14, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 19, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 15, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Here is a tip that will help you figure out about using a rice cooker...
How much Rice and Water go in the Cooker
Feb 19, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 18, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 11, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
May 19, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!