Question about HP Pavilion dv2000t 14.1" Notebook Laptop PC (Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, D... PC Notebook
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
4. The power button could be bad.
5. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2014 | HP 530 Notebook PC
Jun 11, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
May 10, 2011 | HP 530 Notebook PC
Oct 06, 2010 | HP Business Notebook 550
Sep 08, 2010 | HP Business Notebook 550
Mar 24, 2010 | HP Business Notebook 550
Jul 24, 2009 | HP 530 Notebook PC
May 12, 2009 | HP Business Notebook 550
Jun 04, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv2000t 14.1" Notebook Laptop...
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: