Question about Computers & Internet
Before restoring your machine to factory default please make sure that you mback up all your program and files to any external device.
Please follow the step by step procedure to restore your machine to factory default.
1. Make sure all programs are closed and shut down your Acer laptop by opening your Start menu and selecting "Shut Down" from the options for shutting down and restarting windows.
2. Detach any external hardware such as an external hard drive or printer.
3. Press the Power button to boot your Acer laptop.
4. Press "Alt + F10" on your keyboard when the Acer screen appears at the start of the boot up process. Wait a moment while Windows loads the reset files.
5. Select "Restore System from factory default" in the Acer eRecovery Management window.
6.Click "Next" on the next screen to continue. Click "Next" on the following destination information window. This will pop up a notice telling you that resetting your Acer laptop will erase all data and restore the laptop to its original settings and configuration.
7. Click "OK" in the notice window to proceed with resetting your Acer laptop.
8. Wait while your Acer laptop is reset to factory settings.
Should you have any other questions please just leave a comment.
Posted on Sep 09, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2013 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jan 20, 2013 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jun 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 15, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5050-3242 Notebook
May 18, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 09, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
May 31, 2009 | Acer Extensa 4620-4648 Notebook
Jun 07, 2008 | Compaq Computers & Internet
307 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: