Question about 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
Ok I need a little more information here, but can definitely help you. Do you currently have any computers hooked up to this router, and are any of them working? Do you have the model number of the router? It should be located on the actual router unit somewhere, either on a sticker on the bottom, or somewhere similar.
Please let me know this information and I can definitely help you fix this!
Posted on Sep 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2012 | Motorola Mobility H700 Wireless Headset
Sep 21, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
I understand that you need to check the security key so as to connect the computer with the router's wireless network.
In order to get this key we need to login to the router's page using any computer which is physically connected to router. Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) or WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key) is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase (or network key).
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the router's wireless network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
Mar 18, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 09, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WAP54G 802.11g/b...
Oct 25, 2010 | 2wire HomePortal 1000 Router
Oct 25, 2010 | Blitzz Technology (BWA611) Router
Aug 03, 2010 | SMC Barricade 7004VWBR Wireless Router
Apr 28, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jun 27, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: