LG Tromm - soap drawer is stuck and will not open
This is caused by the "Fabric Softer" removable tray inside the drawer getting stuck in the top of the drawer cabinet.
1. Unplug machine
2. Remove four sheet metal screws and plastic plates from top of back of machine that hold the "lid" on (perhaps yours is different and only has two screws, but that's your world :) )
3. With the palm of either hand hit the both sides of the lid of the machine at about a 45 degree angle towards the back of the machine until the lid slides back about 4 inches
4. Gently remove lid (will lift off easily if you've freed it correctly)
5. On left you'll see a white box which is the cabinet for the drawer. Carefull pull the black wire from it's retainers
6. Lift up the three clips on the right side of the cabinet that hold it together
7. In the back of the cabinet, grab ahold of the plastic piece that doesn't have a hose attached (unless yours does, in which case figure it out yourself :) ) and gently pull up until you can see the cabinet coming apart in the back.
8. When you have enough clearence push a screwdriver through the opening you've created while lifting on the back of the cabinet apart, and PRESTO! The drawer will pop out.
This will happen everytime from now on if you do not remove the the "fabric softner" tray from the drawer. It is a design flaw that will happen to all models eventually. If you must have that little tray, then find a solution that works and post a follow up here (I imagine it will involve a bench grinder :) )
HAPPY WASHING AND BUY AMERICAN!!!
Jul 14, 2008 |
LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...