Question about GE Kitchen Ranges
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: probe light
I had the same problem today (my wife overflowed a pot of chicken stock last night, so there was liquid all over the cook-top, and some probably got down behind the control pannel). Based on the solution to a problem that seemed similar, though definitely not as exact as your description, I checked the probe connection (unscrewed the retaining nut, then unscrewed the two sheet metal screws holding the housing in place, then gave the probe connection a gentle tug to ensure that it was still properly connected). Finding nothing wrong, I replaced the housing and retaining nut, and the lights were no longer flashing.
Posted on Oct 22, 2007
I found the Mini-manual inside the control panel area of the range. I followed the instructions for resetting the control. Instructions are shown below:
Glass touch models only- Lock Reference Command
When the control panel is accessed, the signals used by glass touch panel may be adversely affected. To compensate for this change in signals, the following procedure must be followed every time the control panel is accessed.
1. Make sure power to the range is turned off.
2. Completely close the range control panel and return range to it's normal installation.
3. Apply power to the range.
Accessing the the control panel area but not replacing the control.
4. Enter Special Functions area by pressing BAKE and BROIL keys at the same time for 3 seconds.
5. Reset the control by pressing the 9 and 0 or the HOUR DOWN and MINUTE DOWN keys for 3 seconds at the same time.
6. Approximately 20 seconds after the time is displayed, press the 1 and 5 or the TEMP UP and MINUTE UP keys. The control should briefly go blank, briefly display all segments, briefly display LOC REF, display all segments for 30 seconds, and then display LOC REF.
7. Acknowledge LOC REF command by pressing the 6 and 8 or the HOUR DOWN and MINUTE UP keys at the same time. the control should then display the time of day.
8. The oven should then be ready for normal operation.
9. Test the functionality of the glass control panel, especially the CLEAR/OFF and/or CANCEL key(s).
Steps 4 through 7 are appropriate if you have not opened the control panel area. I had to open mine to clean up moisture caused by a boil over.
Judging from the number of inquiries on this same issue, this is a common problem. GE is more than happy to schedule a service call for this issue, but not so happy to give the information over the phone. This is a fairly simple procedure for most people to accomplish.
The ERC on my range appears to be a fairly common unit. I hope this information helps.
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2009 | GE JKP15 Electric Single Oven
Dec 20, 2008 | GE Profile Spectra JBP95 Electric Kitchen...
May 21, 2008 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
May 12, 2008 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP79 Gas Kitchen...
Oct 11, 2007 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Sep 23, 2007 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
Feb 18, 2007 | GE Profile JT955SFSS Electric Double Oven
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: