Blue wavy line but no profiles to select
Had the same problem as you and my ps3 is up and running now. What you need to do are the following steps:
1. turn on the ps3 so it is in stanby i.e. the red light is on.
2. push and hold down on the red button for as long as it takes to turn the ps3 back off on to standby, you should hear a beep.
3. when it goes back to standby do the same thing again, and this time you will hear one beep (when you pressed it) and two more beeps and it will go back to standby
4. when it is back in standby again, push and hold down the button again, you'll hear the first beep, then three more beeps, and it will go back to standby.
5. do the same again, however when it turns on this time, if done correctly, it should say connect the controller using a usb cable. do this and turn it on.
6. Go through everything it says on screen, 6 options should eventually appear, for me, option 4 did the trick, but i heard option 3 works too, as the other ones do too i presume.
7. the final part is that it will ask you to restore the hard drive etc... just keep pressing the ok button.
if all fails, then phone this number (sony) 0818 365 065.
glad to help. let me know....
Jul 02, 2009 |
Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console