Question about Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/ Scanner
You may have already been to this page but your Windows 7 software download for the printer is here;
It's not commonly known that with many printers, you may be inclined to plug the printer in and let WIndows 7 go fetch the drivers but they are never the full package for the printer and so often the printer may nut function properly.
I've been installing printers for many years and have settled on what I believe to be the foolproof method excepting other issues besides a clean install of a printer.
Here are the steps you should follow.
1. Disconnect the printer from the computer.
2. Go to the Control Panel> Programs and if your printer driver or any other accessies by Kodak show up as programs, remove them cmpletely (i.e. if during removal the program offers you opportunities to keep certain profiles, etc., choose NO and remove all traces possible.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Hold down on the Windows Logo key in bottom left of keyboard and hit the R key.
5. In the Run window that appears, type %temp% and hit ENTER
6. You are now looking at your Windows Temp Files. Left click inside that window anywhere one time, then hold down the CTRL key and hit the A key.
7. All temp files are selected so hit DELETE. Let Windows keep any files it says are in use but dump the rest and then empty your Recycle Bin.
8. Restart your computer.
9. Go to the page above and download the W7 software for your printer by saving it to the Desktop. DO not run it from the Kodak site.
10. Double click on the install file you just downloaded and follow the prompts. Do NOT reconnect the computer to the printer until prompted and do not have any other programs running.
Good Luck to you Larry.
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Sep 21, 2011 | Intel D865GSA (BOXD865GSAL) Motherboard
Aug 26, 2011 | Epson Perfection 1200 Photo Flatbed...
Aug 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 04, 2010 | HP Scanjet 5470c Flatbed Scanner
Jan 01, 2010 | Canon CanoScan D1250U2F Flatbed Scanner
Nov 12, 2009 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
Sep 18, 2009 | Actiontec Computers & Internet
Jul 13, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Apr 07, 2009 | Acer Aspire 9410 Notebook
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: