Question about Imation Apollo (27223) 250 GB USB Hard Drive
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if usb drivers are loaded in your system then this problem comes from dry solder of logic card of external hard disk. open the hard disk and just give some heat to the pin where usb interface is soldered, it will solve the problem.
or it may happen that usb data cord is broken internally.
or it may happen that in bios only usb 1.1 (normal) is enabled. check that and make changes to support usb 2.0 (fast) then save setting and exit the bios it may solve the poblem
Posted on Aug 20, 2009
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
Try to reload the operating system you are using i.e windows xp,one of the windows files may have been corrupted and how can you load it. if you have a important files on your desktop try to copy it into any storage device such as flash drive or memory card after you have transfer those files to the backup you use as your storage device unplug it from the system then format the system and load it with your windows xp any one that support service pack 2. how can you format and load your system. in the start up of the system press the key your system support to enter setup some system like compaq for you to enter their setup you have to press F10, some system support DEL to enter setup and some system support F1,while some support F2, any one your system support press it when you get to the setup area to advance setup or check those drop list one after the other until you see were you see booting or booting sequence or booting other then set your CD rom to the first boot follow the order the system give to you then save your setting by pressing F10 key or move your cursor to where you see save and exit and press the enter key for the system to restart then insert your operating system software i.e windows xp immediately the system restart and boot it will bring press any key to boot from cd rom then press enter key then follow the instrution.
Posted on Jun 08, 2010
Hi, The hard drive Apollo M250 does not have any locking mechanism. It only has backup software. If your computer does not detect the HDD, it only means that the HDD is already broken.
Posted on Sep 09, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2014 | Imation Apollo (27223) 250 GB USB Hard...
Jan 29, 2014 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
Oct 24, 2013 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
Aug 25, 2011 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
Aug 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 10, 2011 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
Jun 17, 2011 | Imation Apollo Portable - Hard drive - 160...
May 09, 2011 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: