Question about Whirlpool MH7130XE Microwave Oven

Open Question

Can i use alluminum foil here - Whirlpool MH7130XE Microwave Oven

Posted by on

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Accidentally cooked with foil paper. Now my microwave oven is sparking. How can I fix it?


You could have burnt the foil into the bottom of microwave I would take a box razor and shave the area till there is no more foil melted in the bottom

May 07, 2014 | Samsung MU3250W Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Heat: I placed a microwavable food product in my sharp carousel r-1505. there was a tiny piece of the foil still attached to the rim of the product container. upon start, the foil immediately caught...


Maybe. The presence of metallic material (foil, stainless steel silverware, etc.) in an operating microwave oven creates electric arcs between the foil and the inside wall of the oven. And this can destroy the electric components.

Sep 22, 2013 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My microwave keypad doest not work apparently. It says "service may needed". How can solve this error.


HELLO.

The solution to your microwave problem is explained below.

Things You will Need

* Phillips screwdriver
* Foil
* Large ziplock baggie
* Tape





* 1 Unscrew the 2 screws in the top vent grill and remove it.
* 2 Unscrew the 1 screw above the computer keypad, then slide it up to unlock it and it will hinge down, revealing the computer circuit board behind the keypad.
* 3 Put a sheet of foil into the large ziplock bag and seal it up.
* 4 Then tape it to cover the whole circuit board in the back of the computer. You may have to let the wires stick out of the middle of your foil covering. The ziplock is to keep the metal foil from short circuiting anything on the computer, and the foil protects the circuit board from the small amount of leaking microwaves inside.
* 5 Lock the keypad back up and plugin the microwave to test it before screwing everything back together.

Thanks.

Sep 24, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Two buttons on keypad do not work


HELLO.

The solution is to work on your microwave keypad as explained below.

* 1 Unscrew the 2 screws in the top vent grill and remove it.

* 2 Unscrew the 1 screw above the computer keypad, then slide it up to unlock it and it will hinge down, revealing the computer circuit board behind the keypad.

* 3 Put a sheet of foil into the large ziplock bag and seal it up.

* 4 Then tape it to cover the whole circuit board in the back of the computer. You may have to let the wires stick out of the middle of your foil covering. The ziplock is to keep the metal foil from short circuiting anything on the computer, and the foil protects the circuit board from the small amount of leaking microwaves inside.

* 5 Lock the keypad back up and plugin the microwave to test it before screwing everything back together.

If there is need for further assist,notice me

Thanks.

Sep 22, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a GE Profile JVM2070sk02 Every thing works and lights up but touch pad will not take any input. Fan ,Boost and light work .


HELLO.

The GE problem is with the magnetron being to close to the computer. If your microwave will not take any input, you can follow these simple instructions to fix it.


needed things.

* Phillips screwdriver
* Foil
* Large ziplock baggie
* Tape

1. Unscrew the 2 screws in the top vent grill and remove it.

2. Unscrew the 1 screw above the computer keypad, then slide it up to unlock it and it will hinge down, revealing the computer circuit board behind the keypad.

3. Put a sheet of foil into the large ziplock bag and seal it up.

4. Then tape it to cover the whole circuit board in the back of the computer. You may have to let the wires stick out of the middle of your foil covering. The ziplock is to keep the metal foil from short circuiting anything on the computer, and the foil protects the circuit board from the small amount of leaking microwaves inside.

5. Lock the keypad back up and plugin the microwave to test it before screwing everything back together.

Thanks.

Aug 29, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Tin foil was melted to the top of one of my wife's and my electric stove burner coils. I was able to remove most of the foil but there is still some stuck to the burner and will not come off from scraping...


Use a fine grit sandpaper. Don't scrub too hard, you may scrub through the heating element. Take it slow and easy -- may take a while.

Charlie

Feb 05, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I just melted alluminum foil onto the bottom of my oven...what can i do to remove it. It is a self clean and don't think i can run the self clean?


The first rule in using a microwave oven is NEVER NEVER NEVER put metal of any kind inside. You are very lucky to have a microwave to clean and are able to talk about it.

Clean it manually until every last bit is cleaned out ... cross your fingers and hope it works when you turn it on for the first time. Put a coffee cup full of water inside. Do not test for longer than 1 minute 50 seconds. If the water is hot, you can continue to use your oven.

Thanks for your question at FixYa.com

Jan 31, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The Sanyo microwave just beeps and 7 constantly appearing


something is probably over-heating. any unusual smell?
are you using 'microwave' safe containers? no metal, foil,or even foil coated hamburger wrappers! or other fast-food product wrappers that are foil coated!
IF IT DOES IT ALL THE TIME- then buy a new one!
they (even in this economy) aren't budget breakers!
good luck!

Oct 02, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Kenmore elite microwave over the range type keeps popping breaker,and there's nothing else on the circuit.Is it shot its only 4 years old


this could be caused by a shorted diode or bad transformer in the unit itself, diodes are generally inexpensive repairs and are fairly easy to perform. Transformers are quite a bit more expensive and can be more difficult to replace. The diode is the most common problem. To test the diode you can either use a ohm meter or a "AA" battery, short piece of wire or rolled up alluminum foil, scotch tape and a flashlight light bulb, to use the bulb technique simply dismantle the flashlight until you can easily access the 2 connectors of the bulb (one located at the bottom of the bulb and the other being the metal bulb casing) then take the twisted up alluminum foil and tape one end to one end of the battery ensuring the is a good connection, then tape the other end of the alluminum foil to the metal casing of the light bulb, after these steps have been performed, remove the diode from the microwave completely so all u have in your hands is the diode (they are usually connected with a flat terminal and a screw), if 2 identical flat terminals are used, be sure to make a small diagram of how the diode came out (if the white line on the diode is connected to the microwave transformer, be sure to install it the same way, improper installation can cause more damage!) now that you have the diode out simply touch one end of the diode to the battery and the other end to the untaped connector of the light bulb, if the light comes on, reverse the diode, if the light is still on when reversed the diode is short, if the light doesn't come on when reversed the diode is fine, current will only pass one way through a good diode and will pass through both directions if its bad, and in very rare cases the diode will not conduct in any direction. if the diode is fine I would have to suggest taking it into a service center or considder buying a new one as other parts can be in the $70-$160 range. hope this helps.

Sep 30, 2009 | Kenmore 63682 / 63684 / 63689 Microwave...

5 Answers

GE spacemaker xl 1400, lights on bottom won't work


To Person who answered Best Solution above,
This worked nicely thank you.
After removing my circuit board the long silver strip was intact, however where it makes the turn about quarter inch, the solder or foil seam had a break in it which I filled-gap with solder.
My guess is if the "foil" or thin 2" long strip is serving as a fuse, it would still melt again even with my solder on the shorter section, in event of overload. Also seen on the plastic area directly behind where the circuit board would mount, and where the "foil" was blown, was a small blackened area as evidence of the blown foil. 2 new bulbs and all is well again Thanks!

Jan 01, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Whirlpool MH7130XE Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

23 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2315 Answers

Gerry Harvey
Gerry Harvey

Level 3 Expert

1456 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...