Question about Moen Plumbing

1 Answer

Need to replace the black ring in my moen faucet and the screw is stripped. How do I remove the screw?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    Uploaded 5 video answers.

  • Expert
  • 119 Answers

You can use a screw extractor tool found at many hardware stores or home centers. Try placing a rubber band on the end of the screwdriver and pushing down on the screw to give the screwdriver more grip. If you have an old screwdriver you can even weld it to the screw with an epoxy like JB Weld or E-poxy.

Posted on Sep 08, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How t fix moen kitchen faucet sprayer

Moen Spray Diverter Repair
First, remove head and soak in vinegar. Use toothbrush to remove scale. If this fixes your problem, ignore the following.

To repair your Moen sprayer, first pick up Moen part # 91192 diverter and a Moen #117 spout o-ring set. Remove the cap on handle, remove the screw on the interior cap and remove handle. Your spout can now be removed by pulling it straight up. Here is a pic of the part. Slide the diverter up and off the faucet post. Remove the two o-rings from the post and install only one large one and one small one onto post making sure to grease them with the silicone provided. The other small o-ring is for faucets without the spray. Discard it. Slide the new diverter down onto the post and reassemble the spout and handle assemblies. Make sure to properly engage the flat on the handle into the groove on the retainer nut when reinstalling handle..
Good luck!

Aug 21, 2017 | Moen Plumbing

1 Answer

How do I remove this Moen faucet?

Your link does not work .. on the underside of the tap there is a brass like a ring with a bolt in it remove he bolt and un screw ring tap should pull up and out .

Aug 03, 2017 | Moen Plumbing

1 Answer

Handle dome keeps coming off

Sounds like the setscrew that holds it on has either worked lose and is missing or is striped and no longer tightens properly. Replace set screw if missing and or replace set screw if the set screw is striped. If the threads are stripped in the faucet body the faucet itself will need to be replaced. This usually does not fall under Moen's warranty guidlines.

Mar 29, 2014 | Moen 7594EC Arbor Single Handle/Hole...

1 Answer

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking when the faucet is on, but the sprayer is not engaged. How do you repair it?

It can be one of two things. It could be the spray divertor located on the post of the faucet. For a basic Moen Kitch faucet you must remove the handle. With older faucets simply pull up to slide off the hdle cap, unscrew the center screw that holds a black plastic retainer cap, to remove cap, disengage it by lifting handle. Now remove the metal, grooved retainer nut by unscrewing. You can now slide off the spout. You will see a white cylindrical ring which is wider at the base, and has two o-rings. This is the divertor.Slide it off. The part # is Moen 91192. Apply faucet grease or silicone grease to the o-rings exposed on the faucet post as well as on the inside of the new divertor. Slide the div. back on and reassemble in reverse order. If this doesn't work, just replace the sprayer head. Unscrew the head from the nut at the bottom of the head. You will find two gaskets. Remove them from the grooved plastic nipple and make note of which one goes on first. The plastic nipple has a lock ring, a "C" shaped piece of metal set in a groove on the nipple. Remove the ring using a small screw driver. This can be a little tricky. Do not damage the plastic, and don't lose the lock ring.. Now you can remove the bottom of the head. Replacements come in various styles and colors, so pick one suited to your tastes. Now reverse the process. and you have a new head. Good luck!

Sep 03, 2013 | Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet

2 Answers

Need to replace O Ring but cant pull the spout off

there might be a allan screw holding it down usually located at the back of the faucet if not there is a chance that there is a screw on escutcheon just above the base of the spout this should screw off with a strap wrench.

Aug 24, 2012 | Moen Monticello Single-Handle Kitchen...

1 Answer

When I turn on the cold or hot water sink faucet water leaks out from the top of the cold water faucet . I took the outer casking off and can not figure how to remove the stem. I removed the ring but...

if you have the ring removed, screw the handle back on and pull up on it,, your leak is probably due to a worn , torn , "O" ring,, and Moen parts are found at most hardware stores ,, ( including Home depot , and Lowes) On Moen faucets , Look for the dent in the flange that squares off,, where that square is on the ring, is where the retainer ring is that holds the faucet in place ..its a "C" clip with a head on it, remove this ring and the assembly should come out , be sure and use plumbers grease when replacing the O rings,, they last much longer that way

May 03, 2011 | Moen Bathroom Sink Faucet - 4-inch...

2 Answers

I have a single -handle Moen Torrance 87480 kitchen faucet that needs the cartridge replaced. (I had Moen ship it to me.) My problem is, I can't remove the single handle using my 3/32 allen wrench. When...

Should be coming out if head not stripped or threads inside at set screw aren't stripped. Can you tell at all with perhaps flashlight if set screw is turning at all? Look like it backing out?

Jan 30, 2011 | Moen & Replacement Cartridge

1 Answer

Hi, I have a faucet similar to this one and it is leaking from the top. I do not know how to remove the lever to replace whatever it is that may be needed. pls advise

I believe there is a set screw behind the hot and cold symbol on handle. remove symbol to remove set screw for handle. shut off water supply to faucet. after handle is off, then you can remove inside parts. use a pair of pliers to remove retaining ring under handle. then remove faucet spout by pulling it up. replace all bad O rings then put back together. have a good day !!

Jan 24, 2011 | Moen F7425 Chateau Single-Handle Kitchen...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

253 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Moen Plumbing Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

12104 Answers

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Don Numinen
Don Numinen

Level 2 Expert

62 Answers

Are you a Moen Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides