Question about Kenmore Refrigerators
An ice maker is an accessory. It would not cause the refrigerator itself to not function.
Here is a list of the major reason a refrigerator will not function.
I don't know what you mean by "broke".
Items that will cause a refrigerator not to cool.....
1. Defective thermostat
2. Defective freezer fan motor
3. Defective defrost timer
4. Defective defrost thermostat
5. Defective defrost main heater.
6. Defective condenser fan motor
6. Defective compressor overload protector
7. Defective compressor start relay
8. Defective compressor start/run capacitor (some models only)
9. Defective compressor
10. Restriction in refrigeration sealed system
11. Loss of refrigerant (leak)
12. Excessively dirty condenser
13. Broken wires, bad wire harness connectors, etc.
14. Defective fan motor switch (some models only)
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2016 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Jan 14, 2014 | Samsung RS267TDBP Side by Side...
Mar 19, 2013 | Amana AFD2535DES French Door Refrigerator
Jan 06, 2011 | Whirlpool Gold White-on-White 21.9 cu. ft....
Dec 30, 2009 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Oct 01, 2009 | Samsung RS2630SH Side by Side Refrigerator
Apr 09, 2009 | GE GSL25JFPBS Side by Side Refrigerator
Dec 18, 2008 | Amana ARB8057CSR Bottom Freezer...
Apr 18, 2008 | Refrigerators
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!