Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have an electric fry pan purchased in 1977 (no kidding) manufactured by Nesco for The Hoover Company. The NESCO model is BC01 and the removable electric cord with temperature control on it, model jpr 1104 has just burned out. The pan itself is fine, can the cord be replaced?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 3,740 Answers

Take a look at the picture on this web link of the 3 power cords.
(scroll down just a little)

The pin spacing sizes are 1/2", 11/16", and 1 & 1/16ths inch.

Then you can go to this page:

scrolling down the same distance and look at the details of each cord.

Most large hardware stores have these cords if you know the Woods Industries number. Usually 0288, 0290, 0291, 0293 There are a few others but they are all in the same range from 0288 - 0293 (WOODS INDUSTRIES)

If you can not find it at a hardware any appliance parts center will also have them. Just remember the WOODS INDUSTRIES numbers.


Posted on Sep 08, 2010

  • Kelly
    Kelly Sep 08, 2010

    You might want to look at the faberware probe CO-PR3F I think it is an exact replacement. Check out the details of the cord here:



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need the manual for the Nesco 3 in 1 manual. Thanks

Hi! To download the manual for Nesco 3 in 1, just go here and the just click Download the document.
Hope this helps. Thank you for using Fixya! Hope that's the manual you are looking for. Good day!

Mar 31, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Can i refurbish my non stick pan. Some of my friends used a knife and made some nasty marks. can i get this fixed

At best you can recycle. Once the skin of the coating is compromised, there is little or nothing you can do to re-coat the surface with a coating such as the factory coating.

I use pans with compromised seals as a double boiler when making candles. I put my wax pot in the frying pan, fill with water, then melt my wax. I do not care of the pan gets wax on it because I no longer use it for cooking.

I also use larger frying pans pans with compromised seals under the car when I drain oil. I allow the oil to drip (provided it is less than 4 qts.) into a plastic milk container that I cut the top off of. I set the plastic container into a large frying pan that I no longer use. The handel on the pan makes it easy to slide out the plastic container once it is full of oil. I then take a funnel and transfer the oil into another milk jug or old 164 oz laundry detergent bottle that still has the threads for the plastic cover in tact. I mark it used oil and set it aside in the corner of the garage for when our community allows for the annual oil and chemical waste pick up.

My dad was an avid hunter...he used old frying pans for target practice when on the country land...he'd hang pans from the handel and shoot at the pans he hung.

Sorry this is the best I could do.

Being a mom that has gone though this enough times....I removed all my metal utensils from the drawer next to the stove with plastic ones hoping my kids would grab the closest which are now plastic that is heat tolerant.

Mar 20, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have an old 4 Qt Nesco Pressure cooker (No. 4). Do you know where I might find replacement gaskets, etc.?

You could take a look at their site and contact them with the information there:

I have seen comments in other forums that suggest that they can supply them and they retail around $3, but I can't vouch for that!

Feb 28, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I purchased Kenmore pots&pans in Feb 2010. I have no receipt,but the pans are all peeling inside teflon. Is there a warranty for this product. I spoke to mgr. at store, she offered no help. I am very...

Teflon is not nice to eat!
Without a receipt of course the store will give you the runaround. Did you pay by Credit Card? If you did, there will be a record with your CCard company and therefore proof of purchase.
Contact the manufacturers, they may help.

Feb 16, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Good day we are a company located in South Africa who specialise in cleaning hospital & well as food industry equipment We are urgently looking to source a non stick spray on coating application for...

Try Prestige Housewares. If they don't do it, perhaps they can put you onto someone who can. Otherwise send someone out to a shop like Boardman's, let them look around the frying pans etc and look for a local manufacturer.

Jan 28, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I'm trying to get a source for my Sunbeam Multicooker Oven Frying pan connector .It has packed up. I'm prepared to buy a new oven frying pan if I can find a source.

If you were to log on to the manufacturer's web site, I think you will be pleasantly surprised as usually one is able to download, by model number, Customer Instruction Manuals, list of Dealers for spare part supplies as required.

The information is normally free of charge.

I hope this helps.

Jan 15, 2011 | Sunbeam Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I need a new heat contro plug for my fry pan. Model # 0690001


Ihe only similar model I found was responding to 0600001 is a Presto Kitchen Kettle Plus CrockerT. Check model number wit part seller

In that case parts can be purchased here or contacting Presto

Control Master® heat control with Magnetic Cord for 600001

Nov 16, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The white wire on the inside of my nesco american harvest dehydrator is disconnected, where does it go?

The white wire either pushes onto the circuit board and or to the bottom of the heating element you will see another male clip that a white wire clips to as well. Could be either one of those.

If you would be so kind as to let me know which bundle of wires are wire nutted together I would appreciate that. I took mine apart to thoroughly clean it and assumed three black wires were nutted together. Much to my surprise I now see that there was one of two (don't know which one) blue wires that were wire nutted together w/those black wires. Then the other blue wire twists together with the other remaining blue. HELP!!!! Please :)

Sep 17, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Removing the control panel on the 1800XL to replace the fuse

Unplug microwave. Remove the two phillips head screws from the top at the very front edge, allowing you to remove the top grill. This will give you access to the one remaining screw holding the control panel in place. Lift panel up a bit and you're in. Note: even an unplugged microwave can hold a nasty electrical charge if the bleeder resister inside the capacitor is bad. Be cautious and don't touch things unnecessarily.

Aug 28, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

251 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers


Level 2 Expert

225 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides