Question about Whirlpool Accuwave Microwave Oven
According to the technical sheet found hidden inside the unit behind the controller and online here:
F7 Power to magnetron interrupted
1. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
2. After 40 seconds, check to see whether this solves the problem. (Possible reason: Over temperature protection for the magnetron opened.)
3. Check resistance of the magnetron thermostat. It should be close to 0 ohms.
4. Check the magnetron.
5. Check wiring to the 1100W inverter and control system.
6. Check operation of all interlock switches.
7. If switches operate correctly:
- Replace 1100W inverter.
- If problem persists, replace power supply board.
8. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
F7 error code could be an inverter board failure. Anything else that
prevents microwave energy may also cause an F7 error, and must be
checked. The technician should perform the following procedure to test
for an F7 error code:
1. Check the magnetron.
2. Check the magnetron TCO (it should be closed).
3. Check the 3 interlock switches.
4. Check the harness wiring.
5. Check the electronic controls.
6. Check the inverter board.
There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
If you don't find yours, or if you want to look at it without disassembling the oven, you can download it here.
You can find links to helpful exploded view diagrams and part ordering help here.
I recommend that you bookmark that link to your favorites. We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on May 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2016 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jul 24, 2014 | Whirlpool Gold GH5184XPS 1.8 Cu. Ft. Over...
Oct 15, 2013 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Feb 01, 2011 | Whirlpool GH6177XPS Microwave Oven
Jan 30, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Oct 26, 2010 | Kenmore 68361 Microwave Oven
May 13, 2010 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven
Jan 22, 2010 | Whirlpool GH7208XR Convection / Microwave...
Jul 03, 2008 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jan 19, 2008 | KitchenAid KHHS179L Convection/Microwave...
728 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: