Question about HP Pavilion dv5-1000us Notebook PC
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 19, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2014 | HP Photosmart 8450 InkJet Printer
Apr 20, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 30, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 18, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 05, 2011 | Mad Catz PS3 Bluetooth® Headset Wireless...
Feb 16, 2011 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
Dec 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2010 | Stanley Black & Decker Stanley J5c09 500...
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: