Question about Sharp R-1874 Convection/Microwave Oven

2 Answers

The internal 8a ceramic fuse has blown on my Sharp platinum collection 900w microwave oven, model R-957. fuse is marked F8AH 240V and is located on a small circuit board inside the rear of the oven. is this a regular problem or does it indicate that there is something wrong with a component?

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

I have this unit and found this problem will reoccur often - I suspect it to be a design flaw, the best way to avoid the fuse blowing it to not open the door to stop the microwave, I have not had the fuse blow since using the stop button. - hope this helps

Posted on Mar 19, 2014

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,311 Answers

Don't know if this a regular problem with this unit, but for this fuse to blow, there must be a problem further downstream. Maybe with the power supply or the Magnatron.

Posted on Sep 07, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

GE microwave oven model#JVM1441BH04 when you close door on switch activates and oven comes on. Only goes off when door is opened.


HELLO.

the problem your are experiencing with your microwave oven is a failed interlock switch.
Be careful when closing your microwave door. Slamming the door too hard is one of the main reasons that the interlock switch is damaged.

Slamming the microwave door shut can easily blow the microwave fuse, but they can also blow due to problems with the interlock switches.
A microwave oven will not function until the fuse is replaced.

Instruction on how to replace fuse on microwave.

1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.

2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.

3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.

4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.

5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.

6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.

thanks.

Sep 22, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My old GE Spacemaker II microwave (JEM21K001) died. I was using it, heard a little pop, and it lost all power. Is this something simple to fix like replacing a fuse or is it bulk trash at this point?


HELLO.

take on these steps to solve the problem.

Check if there is electric power on wall outlet.

If the microwave plug has fuse,check if it has not burnt.if these are okay there is need to take the last step.

things needed
1.Screwdriver
2.Ohmmeter
3.New fuse

1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.

2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.

3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.

4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.
5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.

6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.

Thanks.

Sep 18, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

There are condensation, water drips between the glass on the door of my over the counter microwave/convection oven. Is this a problem? How can I clean this? Microwave is only 6 months old.


HELLO.

Yes.Water can only drip between the glass on the door when the door do not seal properly due to dirt on the microwave door.follow these steps given below to clean the door.

1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.

2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.

3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.

4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.

5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.

6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave died


your microwaves internal ceramic safety fuse is blown most hdwg stores carry them they're a 15 or 20 amp fuse,dont replace w/any other type of fuse,but first find out why oven blew the fuse

Aug 13, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Fuse blowing on the sharp microwave r-1874


your fuse will be located somewhere close to where the power cord comes in. It's not a regular glass fuse it looks like ceramic with the silver looking ends that's your fuse

Jan 19, 2009 | Sharp R-1874 Convection/Microwave Oven

4 Answers

Instructions for Sharp R953 900wt jet convection grill microwave


i have need instruction book how i can use sharp micro wave oven r953

Dec 27, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Possible fuse -- no power


Replacing a fuse Locate your fuse. Most microwave fuses look like the one pictured to the left. They are usually an inch or two long. Each end is metallic and the center is either ceramic or glass.
To get to the fuse, remove the outer cabinet of the unit, which is usually held in place with a few screws. Once the outer cabinet is removed, follow the power cord into the unit. It will take you to the fuse holder, where the fuse sits. The fuse holder is located two or three inches into the unit, and may be attached to a power board.
Decide if your fuse is blown. A blown glass fuse will produce flash burn marks on nearby surfaces, or it will be completely black on the inside. The internal fuse wire (filament) will be melted and blackened. Ceramic fuses give no outward signs of having blown. To determine if a ceramic fuse is blown, test it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is fine. A reading of infinite ohms means your fuse is blown.
Replace the blown fuse. Pop it out of its holder and snap in a new one. You can squeeze the fuse clips together with your fingers in order to tighten their grip. Replace the unit's outer cabinet, plug it back in, and test to see if it is running properly. DO NOT run the microwave with nothing in it.
NOTE: Fuses do not usually blow on their own. A fuse may blow because of problems with the interlock switches or with high voltage circuitry. It is also possible, though rare, that a power surge will cause a fuse to blow.

Jun 05, 2008 | Amana RCS 10D 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp R-1874 Convection/Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

559 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Ed Mac

Level 3 Expert

731 Answers

Jim Thurston

Level 3 Expert

670 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...