Question about HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone

2 Answers

Water damage I washed my phone :(. I dried it out with a blow dryer and got all of the moister out. However no luck phone will not turn on. Is there any thing I can do?

Posted by on

  • Haruhion Jun 15, 2008

    Seems I done the same thing with the same phone on the same day of the next month. They're very prone to
    water damage without a case, it's silly.





    Mine got bricked because a water
    balloon hit my leg. I didn't really notice it got my whole pocket
    draped, I just wiped the phone off and put it in my other pocket (It was still
    on at the time). 10 minutes later I check my pocket to make a call and
    it was just off... permanently.






    I've taken the battery out and left it in the airing cupboard for a day
    to get rid of the moist, then hooked it up to a charger. (Which fixed 3
    older phones of a similar problem), but absolutely no luck with this
    one.

×

2 Answers

Just give it some time!! Once the screen dries out it seems to work fine!! I have dropped mine in the tub now, TWICE, but it seems to be working as usual. It has a few issues, but no more than anyone else I know with the same phone.

Posted on Sep 11, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Ye got the same prob guys just droped mines in the tiolet! like an hour ago, it comes on speaker vol. goes crazy and touch screen dosent work! i can only make a call to the last person but they havent answred. i see like moister on the sreen ,kinda foggy like. taking a blow dryer to help the situation. well ill see and get back w you guys to let you know the results.

Posted on Sep 11, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Left phone in rain for 20 min. Very little moisture in phone and water marks untouched, but touch screen non responsive. Hard reset had no effect.


A phone in the rain for 20 mins is way more than enough time for it to get water inside. There still may be hope, but odds are against it. Turn it off now and take the battery out. Get a hair dryer and blow dry it for about 20 or 30 minutes. Don't over heat it, but keep it consistently hot the whole time. Let it cool and try it again. There is normally a white dot somewhere under the battery. If that dot has turned red, you definitely have water damage that voids any warranty you may have had. Good luck with the dryer.

Sep 03, 2015 | Cell Phones

2 Answers

I have one maxwest cellphone it's damaged by water, can it fix it?


Open the phone and remove the battery. Dab all internal surfaces with paper towel to remove as much moister as possible. Then use a hair dryer on medium heat to gently dry the phone completely. Make sure the battery is dry as well. Leave the phone open for a further half hour after drying and then put the battery back in and close the case. Switch on the phone, good luck.

Dec 30, 2014 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Yesterday someone throw water at me and five minutes later it started beeping i checked the battery fine and chip nowater there not even in the screen but as soon as i press any button on the keyboard it...


Not sure what phone you have. Some phones even alittle water will effect. Your best bet is to treat as a wet one. Take the battery out and the sim card. Put the phone in a bag of dry rice and seal it for at least 24 hours. you can blow dry it on low heat first if you like but don't use alot of heat on it. I have read that most phones have a moister senser on them either under the battery or somewhere inside the phone. Its just a piece of tape or sticker that will turn pink/red if the phone was exposed to moister. They will look for this if you claim warranty on it.

Aug 13, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

I accidently left my phone in my jumper pocket and it went through my washing machine, I tryed turning it on but iot didn't so I took it apart to let it dry. I've used the blow dryer on it a couple of...


H the hair dryer may have done more harm than good, i know its a bit late now to tell you this but next time if it ever happens get the vac on it with the small attachment on then **** all the water out then leave it to dry for 12 hours then switch it on and it should work

another trick is to get a table lamp and place the phone on a surface then move the lamp so its 30cm away and leave the light on for 24 hours, then try your phone and it should work.

the hair dryer could have casued damage to the lcd screen as it can cause damage their, all you can do is try switching it on if it works it will be ok but make sure you try ringing as the speaker could be damaged and also the mic, give it a try their isnt nothing else you can do

good luck.

let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance ok

plz rate this solution as i have loads of unrated posts

Aug 26, 2010 | LG Xenon GR500 Cell Phone

1 Answer

My phone has water damage i can here stuff when i push the buttons but nothing comes up on the screen


try putting the phone in a bag of dry white rice...and seal it..use a plastic zip lock bag.put it away for a few days .the rice will draw the moister out..that might help good luck

May 12, 2010 | Cell Phones

2 Answers

Phone is dead after drop into water


Remove the battery and allow the unit to dry thourouhly. Take a hair dryer to it if need be. Once dry, reinsert the battery. The unit should boot up. Water doesn't tend to cause any lasting damage. Pop (soda) or wine or anything that is sugary will fry the unit though. Good-luck.

Dec 30, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone

2 Answers

LG PHONE STUCK ON EMERGENCY DOWNLOAD


I had the same problem!! This might help: 1. Take out the battery, SIM card, and memory card (if applicable). 2. Let the phone sit in the sun for a couple of days. 3. Put the SIM card back in the phone and plug the phone charger into the phone. 4. When prompted, insert the battery into the phone 5. When battery is fully charged, remove the charger and depress the call button simultaneously.

I tired this and the phone is now working!!! Also, I do not seem to have lost any of the features!

Good Luck!!!

Jan 27, 2009 | LG Vu CU920 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

More dry/less dry setting on atlantis dryer


The more dry less dry settings are basically how much heat you want to use. This is the sensor drying. There is a moister sensor in the dryer that senses the moister on the clothing. When it senses no more moister it will shut off and tell you your clothes are done. The trick with this is that you want to make sure you don't mix your heavy clothing with your light stuff. A t-shirt will dry much faster then jeans and it will sense that the shirt is dry and shut off. I put mine on about the second or third line on the more dry setting and my clothes come out fine. If you are mixing your clothing just put it around the third line. It all really depends on what is being dried. If it's heavy set it for more, if it's socks and such set it lower. Let me know if you have any other questions and let me know if this was helpful for you. Good luck.

Jan 22, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MDE7400AY Electric Dryer

2 Answers

Water damage


1) Take the battery, sim card (SD card if there is one) out and dry
2)Dry the battery compartmant
3)For about 24 hours turn the phone upside down, or so the water will drip OUT
4) Then for about 2-3 minuets dry with a blow dryer, on low
5) YAY your cell phone SHOULD work, if not then the damage is serious

Dec 30, 2008 | Cell Phones

2 Answers

Water damage


Wouldn't suggest putting it under any sort of heating device (hairdryer, oven, etc). Just isn't a good idea to heat up electrical items...

Placing it in a closed container (ie a jar) filled with uncooked rice should draw out all the moisture. Remove the battery and any covers on the phone and place it in the uncooked rice. BE SURE TO LEAVE IT THERE 72 HOURS....and do not place the battery inside the phone. You may need to replace the battery if it was damaged from the water.

Hopefully the rice will have dried it out before any damage was done by mixing the water and electricity with the phones circuits.

Good luck

Jan 14, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

Not finding what you are looking for?
HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone Logo

50 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HTC Computers & Internet Experts

Justin
Justin

Level 3 Expert

2072 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18381 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

30669 Answers

Are you a HTC Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...