to remove the hard disk, remove screws from small hard disk drive door (loacted on back of notebook), disconnect the hard disk by removing two screws (if applicable) pull tab to remove disk.
if you do eventually get access to your operating system , when computer runs normally ---
run this test ,, read carefully and follow instructions - go to this link and download the program first
then follow instructions below.
How to Run Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test
- Click Start, select Search, then click All files and folders.
- Type hddquicktest_setup_60549818x86.exe in the search field, then click Search. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the hddquicktest_setup_60549818x86.exe icon.
- PC-Doctor for Windows will be installed on your system.
Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test is a diagnostic tool that tests the hard drives in Lenovo ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and Lenovo 3000 computers running Windows XP or Vista released after January 2004. If you are experiencing issues with your Lenovo product, you may run this test to determine if your issues are hard drive related.
Running Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test
To run Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test from Windows, follow these steps:
1. Download the test to your computer.
2. Run the application install and choose the defaults. Once installed, the application will be placed under a "Lenovo Services" choice on your Start Menu.
3. If the application detects that the Lenovo System Toolbox is already installed, it will ask whether you want to continue the installation. This is because the new hard drive test is installed by default as part of the Lenovo System Toolbox.
4. Choose a drive if you have more than one drive.
5. Start the Test
Testing in process:
1. The test may take 4 to 6 minutes depending on the size and speed of the drive.
2. When the diagnostics are complete, a message will be displayed indicating that test "Passed", "Failed", or "further testing is required to verify the drive's proper operation". If further testing is required, start running the extended test. The test may take more than an hour depending on the size and speed of the drive.
3. When the diagnostics are complete the extended test, a message will be displayed indicating that the test Passed" or Failed".
4. If the test failed, contact Lenovo Support Center
: Lenovo Hard Drive Quick Test is included in http://www.lenovo.com/systemtoolbox
Lenovo System Toolbox is a full application of computer diagnostics utilities.
hope this helps