Question about Hitachi 50V500 50 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Ichange lamps and ballast and my image got a red blur in the middle of screen and vertical lines
I had whole redish/pink screen on my 50v500 starting a few days ago, then I read through each of the threads on this site for the samilar problems on my model. I found TVtechmaniac's solution (pasted below) solved my problem. Thank you TVtechmaniac!
1. Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
2. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
3. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
1. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
2. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
3. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
4. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
5. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
6. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
7. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
About two years ago, I had a small red blur in the middle of the screen. That red blur is now all over my screen. I called Hitachi and they said that there's nothing they can do about it because it's almost 4 years old and the warranty has expired. I called a repair shop and they said that it may be a light engine problem and it will cost about $1300 to repair. Might as well get a new TV for that. I did some research and found out that this is a common problem and that you need to be persisting when calling Hitachi and speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said that if a repair person confirms that it's a light engine problem, that they will send the part FREE OF CHARGE (just gotta pay for labor). They will only send a replacement once.
Posted on Aug 26, 2008
Your light engine is shot. I have the same problem with mine. Except now in addition to the red I have blue that is also showing up.
Posted on May 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2013 | Brother International Brother HL-3170CDW
Aug 30, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital Camera
Jan 05, 2009 | Zenith Z52Z95D TV
Jun 20, 2008 | JVC AV-56WP74 56" Rear Projection...
May 26, 2008 | Canon PowerShot Pro1 Digital Camera
Mar 31, 2008 | 3M Projector lamp Projector Lamp
Oct 07, 2007 | Panasonic PT-53TW53 53" Rear Projection...
Sep 26, 2007 | Toshiba 50H72 50" Rear Projection...
279 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: