Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have an RCA HD61w66 2005 model that has convergence problems. Are there IC chips that are replaceable in this unit or is it a board? I have yet to pick up the set and bring it in but I did go to the house and look at it. What should I look for.

Posted by on



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 19,396 Answers


Convergence repair in this model is not done replacing the power amp ICs, this model does not use STK ICs in convergence board.

You will need to test and eventually replace a number of components on power board (capacitors, diode, convergence fuse and resistors).

To do the repair you can buy the set of components in a single kit, click here.

The click will include detailed testing procedure.

Here what convergence board looks like:

I have an RCA HD61w66 - ac3b3ad.jpg

Note: the chassis number is ITC222.

Here service manual:To download the file, please, click here !



Posted on Sep 07, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to change chips rca

I think youre refereing to convergence Issues?? If so your model doesnt have IC chips like most other brands. If your model has a convergence issue its fairy easy to fix. let me know if the issue is convergence or not and I will assist you with the issue.

Oct 24, 2011 | RCA R61WH76 61" HDTV

3 Answers

Colored lines at top and bottom when tv comes on and seeing double vision in different colors at all times

If your tv is not a DLP the problem is in the convergence, try to adjust it using your original remote control go to the setting menu then to the convergence section. Adjust the red and blue convergence. you should move the red and the blue in up, down and left, right if this color does not move far enough your convergence IC is already defective. Replacing this convergence IC will solve the problem. In locating this convergence IC you should remove the back cover of your unit but be sure to unplug it before doing this. This convergence IC is attached to a large aluminum plate, it is the heat sink, and it has a marking of stk- ### followed by numbers. You can try to pull it out using a soldering iron and soldering pump but be careful you may damage the board and cause much problem to your unit. Or you can contact a technician to do it for you and save you from stress good day and best regards.

Aug 28, 2011 | RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

Where are the convergence chips on a RCA P52770eb

Your model has one IC which powers the convergence circuits. Its on the small Convergence power board attached to the heat sink STK730-130 I am attaching a pic of that board for youslinteriors_23.jpg

Aug 24, 2011 | RCA P52960 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

3d like picture, from what I have found sounds like convergence issue, but our model RCA p52939 has no convergence settings that I can find

There is a small circuit board on the right hand side when you take the back off. This is the convergence power supply. If you know someone who can solder and desolder components they can change the chip and it should solve the problem. This is a STK ic chip mounted on a metal heatsink. If you have to call a repairman to do this a reasonable price would be 250 depending on the price of in-home visit. Fairly simple repair on this model. Good Luck, Russmann.

Apr 29, 2011 | RCA P52939 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Hi I am having the convergence problem with the rca 52" projection. I checked continuity for the FL231 Fuse and it tests fine. I soldered the flyback even though that looked ok as well. I now have the...

Hi. you will need to replace the entire convergence board in this case. the stk chip or, convergence IC is damaged. i will list the part number below. RCA Part Number: 271860 Unfortunately. the actual individual components for this board are not available.

Jun 09, 2009 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television

1 Answer


I'm assume you are referring to a non adjustable convergence option. this will occur when you have a damaged convergence chip set that is located on either the PC board or the convergence board. The location of the affected chip will vary from model to model but, in most units, this can be fixed by replacing the convergence board or chip.

May 31, 2009 | RCA HD61W66 61" Projection HDTV

2 Answers

Convergance circuit board

I located the board at PTS Electronics. Mine was the digital convergence board.
A little pricey but did the trick. Recommend that if you do not know how to drain off the capacitors. Let theTV sit unplugged for 3 to 5 days to drain them down below a possible fatal shock level.
Recommend taking good digital photos for your reinstall if you have no schematics or real electronic experience. Priceless advise !!
Do not touch any settings to try and adjust without knowing the original factory settings. It will get expensive to have a tech readjust. Lots of time to adjust and the tech knows you were there. $$$$

Jul 04, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Green bowed on screen

I have basically the same problems. Have yet to fix yet but from information I have gathered it seems that all points to the convergence chips.

Nov 04, 2007 | RCA P60921 60" Rear Projection Television

3 Answers

Rca d52w26

You have to have your tubes re-alined, they sometimes do that if the tv has been bumped or jared.

Oct 17, 2007 | RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

100 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75591 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

80637 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides