Question about Ovens
The oven door lock needs approximately 1 hour to cool down before the oven door can be opened after a self cleaning cycle has finished.
If the lock does not open after the oven has cooled down, you can try....
1. Unplugging the range or shut off the circuit breaker for 5 minutes.
2. Plug the range back in or turn on the circuit breaker.
3. Set the clock and try moving the door lock lever or opening the door.
4. Set the self-clean cycle again and only allow it to work for 15 minutes.
5. Cancel the self-clean cycle and allow the oven to cool. 6. Gently try moving the door lock lever or opening the door.
Posted on Sep 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2016 | GE Ovens
Nov 24, 2010 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Aug 18, 2010 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Apr 23, 2010 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Feb 16, 2010 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Feb 12, 2010 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Dec 13, 2008 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Nov 05, 2008 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Oct 13, 2008 | GE JKP15 Electric Single Oven
Sep 14, 2007 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Sep 23, 2017 | Ovens
Sep 21, 2017 | Ovens
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!