Question about Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Thanks for using FixYa. F 50 flashes when the motor rotor position sensor (RPS) senses no rotation (Motor Stalled). Does basket turn freely? If not, make sure bottom shipping pack has been removed. Remove the basket and look for foreign object.If basket turns freely, then perform the below mentioned diagnostic test as per its repair manual--
Motor Circuit TEST
This test checks the wiring to the motor and rotor position sensor; and the motor and rotor position sensor themselves. NOTE: Drain water from tub.
1. See Activation of Manual Diagnostic Test Mode, and check the motor and electrical connections by performing the Agitate and Spin tests under Manual: Motor. The following step assumes that this step failed.
2. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
3. Check to see if basket will turn freely. If basket turns freely, go to step 4. If basket does not turn freely, determine what is causing the mechanical friction or lock up.
4. Remove the console to access the machine/ motor control assembly.
5. Visually check that the P5 and P10 connectors are inserted all the way into the machine/motor control. If visual checks pass, go to step 6. If visual checks fail, reconnect P5 and P10 and repeat step 1.
6. With an ohmmeter, check for 16 ohms resistance at the P5 connector between pins P5-1 and P5-2, and also between pins P5-1 and P5-3. Also measure the resistance at the P10 connector between pins P10-1 and P10-7 and verify that the resistance is within the range shown in the wiring diagram on page 7-1. If the resistance is correct, go to step 11. If the P5 connector resistance is much higher than 16 ohms, or the P10 connector resistance is out of range, go to step 7.
7. Tilt machine forward to access the bottom of the machine and the drive motor area. Remove the motor bolt, then the motor cover to access the motor connections.
8. Visually check the mounting bracket and electrical connections to the motor and rotor position sensor board. If visual check passes, go to step 9. If visual check fails, reconnect the electrical connections, reassemble stator and motor cover and repeat step 1.
9. With an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all pins on the P10 machine/motor control connector and the motor rotor position sensor (RPS) connector. If there is continuity, go to step 11. If there is no continuity, replace the lower machine harness.
10. With an ohmmeter, check for continuity between all pins on the P5 machine/motor control connector and the drive motor connector. If there is continuity, replace the drive motor. If there is no continuity, replace the lower machine harness.
11. The drive motor and lower harness are good. Replace the motor RPS board and perform the Diagnostics test in step 1 to verify repair.
12. If the Diagnostics motor test in step 1 failed, then the machine/motor control has failed: Unplug the washer or disconnect power. Replace the machine/motor control assembly. Perform the Motor Diagnostics in step 1 to verify repair.
Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Sep 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
code SD/5d means LONG DRAIN. This error appears when the drain time exceeds 8
minutes and the water valves turn off. After 4 minutes the "Sd" error
will be displayed, and then 4 minutes later the F21 error code will be
displayed. Press PAUSE/CANCEL two times to clear the display. Please Check the
drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked. If the drain hose if fine
then unplug the washer and check the electrical connections at the pump and
make sure the pump is running. Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
To access the drain pump and filter remove the front kick panel and trace the
drain hose to the bottom of the washer, drain pump would be located there. If
you are not able to access it, then replace the back panel as well. Plug in
washer or reconnect power. If the issue is still not resolved then you would
need to replace the drain pump. Hope this helps...please post
back for further assistance.
Aug 23, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Welcome to FixYa
FH error code is displayed when the control detects no water entering the machine. To clear this error press and hold the PAUSE/CANCEL button twice. You can then check if the water inlet valve is fine and not clogged with foreign particles, try to clean it. If the water inlet valve appears to be fine then check if the pressure switch hose is properly connected to the pressure switch & tub. Please get back to me if you have any questions.
Mar 07, 2011 | Kenmore HE3T Washer
Jan 06, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and F02 is flashed.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
NOTE: After 4 minutes the "Sud" error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.
• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked
• Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
• cleaning a drain pump Check drain pump for foreign objects
• If the above does not correct the problem replace the pump
Oct 22, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 18, 2010 | Washing Machines
Apr 12, 2010 | Kenmore HE3T Washer
Oct 14, 2009 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Aug 18, 2009 | Bosch Classixx WFC 2465 Front Load Washer
May 12, 2009 | Whirlpool WFW9200S Front Load Washer
Jan 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!