How do you set a passcode for a Sony ericsson j108a so that only I can use my phone
You can stop unauthorized use of your J108a phone by activating phone lock protection.
After activating, you will be asked to enter your phone lock code every time you restart the phone.
The default phone lock code is 0000 (zero-zero-zero-zero). It is recommended that you change this to any four-to-eight-digit personal code.
Note: It is important that you remember your new code. If you forget it, you need to take your phone
to your local Sony Ericsson retailer.
To activate the phone lock:
1. Select Menu > Settings > General > PIN codes > Phone protection > Protection.
2. Select 'On' if you want to enter a lock code every time you start the phone, or select 'Automatic' if you want the code to be entered only when the phone restarts after a new SIM card is inserted.
3. Enter the phone lock code (0000 by default) and select OK.
To unlock the phone:
• When 'Phone locked' appears, enter your phone lock code and select OK.
To change the phone lock code:
1. Select Menu > Settings > General > PIN codes > Phone protection > Change code.
2. Enter the old code and select OK.
3. Enter the new code and select OK.
4. Repeat the code and select OK.
This solution was taken from Sony Ericsson J108a user guide which can be downloaded at:
Mar 12, 2011 |
Sony Ericsson Cell Phones