Question about Computers & Internet
You have not mentioned the Operating system.
The below step should fix your issue with Webcam
1. Click on START button
2. Right click on "my computer". Or "computer" in the start menu
3. Select "Manage". Wait for the window to pop up.
4. Under system tools, select Device manager. Go to where it says Imaging devices and click sign,
5. Under it, it should display the Webcam name like ex:, "gateway USB 2.0 webcam"
6. Double click it on the Cam name and select the driver tab. Go down to Uninstall and uninstall the webcam (when it asks if you want to delete the software for it, don't select the box).
7. Click ok and It will unistall the drivers, restart the computer and after it starts back up, it will detect the webcam and re-install the drivers.
This should work.!
Posted on Sep 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2013 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Oct 08, 2009 | Gateway M-1626 Notebook
Dec 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 18, 2017 | HIS Computers & Internet
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!