When I turn on my PC the fan turns a few secs and than stops.
I had this on another oc and the problem was the motherboard.
Do I need to change the motherboard again or is there somethin gelse...
You did not specified which fan, there is several of them, and usually you do not change motherboard to fix fan, if fan on power supply stop, you need to change power supply, it is cheaper actually to exchange power supply than to replace fan, if this is processor fan, check first if it is plugged correctly to it's socket on motherboard:
1. switch off computer
2. remove power cord from teh back
3. remove side wall of the computer (left hand if you look at it from front)
4. remove processor fan from socket and then re-insert it
5. re-install wall, re-connect powercord and power up the computer
6. if this was just bad connection, you just fixed the problem :-) if this did not solved the problem, you need to purchase new fan suitable for the processor. This is LGA775 Intel processor motherboard, fan for it cost between $15.00 and $80.00 depending on the brand. You do not need to replace heatsink, I would advice replace only fan:
7. follow 1, 2, 3 and 4 then lift side tabs on the fan (over the heatsink, yo umau need little flatbed screwdriver as lever) and slide it out
8. insert new fan in exactly same position till tabs on the side click in
9. re-insert fan power supply to it's socket follow 5 and 6
If this is case fan, this is simple, proceed 1, 2 and 3, then undo screws (philips) holding fan, remove it's cord formteh socket, replace with same size fan, case fans cost from about $2.00 to about $50.00
if this is power supply, you need to purchase adequate power supply, it will cost between $20.00 up to $300.00, in your case $20.00 to $50.00 is fine... Please pay attentnion to rating and do not purchase any with less than 450w, they cost in my shop $27.00, do not bother with brandname!
Follow 1, 2 and 3
4. remove power supply from motherboard sockets, there will be 24pin socket on motherboard, look how it is oriented, replacement will fit only and only one way! remove power supply from fan supply (4 pin on the motherboard),
5. remove power supply from auxilliaries, hard disk drive, cd-rom and if any other, from them as well, do pay attention to orientation of the cables!
5. undo four screws on the back holding the power supply, support it with your hand while reomving.
6. insert new power supply (do pay attention which way it go on the back, yo uhave four screws fitting only in one way) and mount the screws
7. re-connect power to motherboard, wiggle it slightly in, do not break motherboard! same with fan power supply
8. re-connect power to auxilliaries, pay attention to sata connectors, they break easy
9. replace side, re-connect power supply and switch on computer, it should work now
Hope it did solved your problem, please do not forget to rate! This is only reward whcih we have...
Aug 23, 2010 |
Computers & Internet