I have just purchased a Belkin Wireless G Router. I have been unable to access the internet. A call to tech support ran me through a bunch of steps and about 30 minutes of frustration and ended with the tech telling me that I have firewalls blocking the router. I set everything up according to instructions. What is my problem here? I've tried disabling Windows firewall as well as disabling BitDefender my anti-virus with no luck. After looking in every place I can think of to check I am nearly in the fetal position under my desk.
More info needed.
Are you on cable or dsl? Can you access the router set-up screen? Can you ping the router from the computer? Whose tech support did you call? Are you using wireless or ethernet connection to router? Can you access the net if you hookup using a ethernet cable? What OS are you using?
You migh try disconnecting the modem line for a few minutes and then reconnecting it to reset the IP address your ISP gives you. If you were using the net successfully without the router, you may want to clone your computer's MAC to the router (DSL).
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Its not necessary to purchase a new router. Nintendo DS supports WEP encryption. You wont be able to connect if the encryption on the router is WPA. Your computer can connect on both WPA and WEP so what i suggest is for you to access the router page then check the wireless settings then change the encryption to WEP so that your Laptop and DS can connect at the same time. To access your router check the manual for the username and password
Since your unable to access internet through the router(wireless) ,& globe light is flashing--I suggest you to refresh the network list and connect to your network again still if it won't work then you need to Re- configure
it. Because your Modem(cable/dsl) is working fine. Check the ip address
of your computer. if its invalid then you need to do the "reset" on
router (ip address should be 192.168.2... range). Or else you can call (toll free number) for belkin for reconfiguration Hope this suggestion helps for you both...
My problem is not being able to work wirelessly with my laptop. My answers to your questions are underlined(I've used your questions to someone elses problem)
One possible issue is your router's wireless radio is not enabled- the light on the router is lite on the symbol for wireless
or the wireless radio is not enabled on the computer you are attempting to connect to the router with - there is a switch on the front of this machine which is switched to wireless.
There are many other possibilities as well. That is why we need you to carefully answer EACH ONE of the following questions.
(01) Which of the following is your router? -->> F5D7230-4 (Wireless G Router)
(03) Are ANY of the computers connected to your Belkin router able to access the Internet? YES
(04) If there are other computers connected to the router that are able to access the Internet, how are they connected? (in each case, please) only this machine is connected but it is by.... (b) wired (using an Ethernet patch cable connected between the router and the computer)
(05) What is the manufacturer and model number of the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
HP Pavilion dv2500
(06) What operating system is installed on the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
This machine is operating on Vista but the internet access I have is with talktalk
(07) Have you ever successfully connected (wirelessly) to the Internet from the computer you are attempting to wirelessly access the Internet through your Belkin router on? NO
I hope you don't mind me using your questions to someone else, I thought you might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am connected to the internet but don't seem to be able to work wirelessly. Lorraine