Question about HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
There can be several reasons to get the Ink System Failure Error on the printer screen. They are
1. One or more Cartridge install by date has expired or the printer has detected that either one of the cartridge expiry date is due.
2. This can also be hardware failure issue ( Printer Life time )
These are the steps you can try to fix this issue :
1. Open the front access door where you find all the cartridges installed
2. Remove all the cartridges and clean the electrical contacts/golden contacts you find on the cartridge and also inside the printer cartridge slot
3. Check for Date on the cartridge, If any cartridge has date less than current date, you can try replacing the cartridge ( but again this is giving it a try )
4. After cleaning the cartridge contacts, install the cartridges back into the printer and close the door and wait for the printer to go through initialization process.
Reference Link : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01081814&tmp_track_link=ot_recdoc/c00850047/en_us/c01081814/loc:3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3204785
If you still get the same error, try a reset on printer ( doing the reset will erase printer memory like fax logs, printer will loose wireless network connection or bluetooth connection disconnected )
To do the reset :
1. Disconnect the power cord from back of printer while the printer is power on
2. Press and hold # and 6 key and connect the cord back ( Connect the cord while you are holding the # and 6 )
3. Release the buttons after 4-5 seconds once you have connected the cord
4. If the printer is off, Power on the printer by pressing the power on/off button.
5. Wait until the printer goes through initialization process
If the above steps does not fix the issue, assume it could be hardware failure issue.
If your printer is on Wireless network and you followed the Reset, Please run the Wireless Setup Wizard from printer to connect the printer to Network again.
Posted on Sep 07, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2015 | HP Officejet 4630 Inkjet Multifunction...
Feb 17, 2013 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Aug 28, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Jul 30, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Mar 04, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Mar 03, 2010 | HP Photosmart C8180 InkJet Printer
Feb 17, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 19, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Jul 04, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!