Question about SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
I bought m250 for the sole purpose of being able to listen to audio books on my commute. m250 supports Windows DRM and so does my audio library service. Anyway... I downloaded my first book, in WMA format and put it on the Sansa. However I see the following problems:
1) About every 2nd or 3rd time after power up, I go through the power-up logo screens ok and end up on the the screen that shows the song or say chapter of my book. However, progress bar is not shown and the player basically "hangs" - not responding to any key presses except for long-press on power key.
2) While first problem is annoying - it can be overcome by power-cycling the player. My second problem is much more severe. Since I am listening to the audio books, the "songs" i.e. chapters are pretty long - could be like an hour or so. So, when I arrive to work, I pause my player and obviously I am expecting that I will be able to continue listening from the same spot where I left off after I power-up this device. Indeed, when I power up sansa (and if problem (1) doesn't happen), then the screen shows correct progress bar of my book chapter - say I am on chapter 2, and 35 minutes into the chapter. However, if I try to press "play", the progress bar still shows that I am at 35 minute point but the chapter actually starts playing from the beginning! This pretty much makes the player unusable for audio books! Trying to fast-forward is also a very frustrating experience, as it is very hard to control and you often "overshoot" to the next chapter.
I downloaded firmware upgrade program and it told me that I have the latest and greatest firmware already.
Hope someone can help. I like the physical appearance of the device and it would suite my pruposes perfectly - if it only worked.
I have the same problem with the m250, I do not believe that it is a problem with all MP3 players, the 512mb Sansa mp3 player I have does allow me to pause and resume from the spot where I paused.
Also, with the 250, I am not able to fast forward, I can only skip.
Posted on Jul 21, 2008
This player will only recognize Audible audiobook files
There is not a fix for the pause/resume issue - it is a major problem for just about every mp3 player that claims audiobook compatibility
Here are some help files:
1) Adding audible books to your MP3 player using Audible Manager (Windows XP)
Windows - http://mp3support.sandisk.com/audible/xp-audible-add-book.wmv
2) Adding books from an online library to your computer using Audible Manager (Windows XP)
Windows - http://mp3support.sandisk.com/audible/xp-audible-add-books-from-online-library.wmv
3) Adding your MP3 player as a mobile device in Audible Manager (Windows XP)
Windows - http://mp3support.sandisk.com/audible/xp-audible-add-mobile-device.wmv
4) Deleting an audible book in your MP3 player using Audible Manager (Windows XP)
Windows - http://mp3support.sandisk.com/audible/xp-audible-delete-book.wmv
5) Deleting a book from your library using Audible Manager (Windows XP)
Windows - http://mp3support.sandisk.com/audible/xp-audible-delete-book-library.wmv
6) Purchasing an audible book from Audible.com (Windows XP)
Windows - http://mp3support.sandisk.com/audible/xp-audible-purchase-book.wmv
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2011 | Samsung Computers & Internet
Apr 06, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Mar 09, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
Jan 21, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa c250 (2 GB) MP3 Player...
Dec 07, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
Aug 16, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jul 25, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
Dec 23, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
Nov 03, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
May 04, 2017 | SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
712 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: