1) Create a new account, and see if you can sign up for a Zune Pass Trial.
- This will test to see if it is an account issue. If it doesn't work
from another account, you may need to look into networking issues
and/or issues with the card that you are using.
2) If you can sign up for Zune Pass Trial from another account, then
you need to make sure you have the correct information on
- Pay special attention to the credit card details you have listed. I
have heard of even typing Dr. instead of Drive can cause issues. You
have to make sure you are using the same exact information that is on
your Credit/Debit card statments.
3) If everything is correct, re-name your billing accounts to: XBOX Live.
- I have seen other people have success with this, so it is worth a
try. Typically this will only make a difference for older accounts that
have used a multitiude of Microsoft Services.
- On the main screen of
billing.microsoft.com, underneath Billing Account Overview, will show you all the accounts associated with your Windows Live ID.
- Click on the link: Go to personal information.
- Click on the link at the bottom : Edit personal information.
- Change the Description of account to XBOX Live.
- Repeat these steps for every account you have listed on the main screen.
4) If you are still unable to purchase after performing these steps,
then your next step is to wait. Sometimes when to many failed purchases
occur in the system, it will not allow any purchases for up to 72
hours. So wait at least 72 hours before trying
to purchase again.