Question about LG DLG5932W Gas Dryer
LG DRYER NOT HEATING ????? ****PLEASE READ THIS LG DRYER UPDATE!!!!! ****
I READ AND FOLLOWED THE SUGGESTIONS ABOVE AND IT WORKED!!!!! AND I SAVED HUNDREDS! LET ME WALK YOU THRU.
(UNPLUG THE ELECTRICAL CORD BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS)
1.ON TOP OF DRYER THERE ARE SCREWS ON BACK, UNSCREWING THESE WILL ALLOW YOU TO PULL TOP OFF (IT SLIDES AWAY FROM DRYER)
2. NOW THAT TOP IS OFF, UNSCREW SCREWS OFF OF TOP FRONT PANEL (SCREWS ARE ON BACK OF FRONT PANEL BUT CAN ONLY BE SCREWED OFF IF TOP IS OFF)
3. NOW OPEN DRYER FRONT DOOR AND UNSCREW 2 SCREWS UNDER LINT CATCHER AREA, SCREWS FACE THE FRONT - NOW THE WHOLE BOTTOM FRONT PANEL WITH DOOR WILL CAN COME OFF TO ACCESS THE BOTTOM OF DRYER
4. ON LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF DRYER THERE'S AN AREA WITH WIRES AND PARTS - LOOK TOWARDS BACK ALONG RIGHT SIDE OF BOTTOM OF DRYER (ABOUT 6 - 7 INCHES TOWARDS BACK)
(FLASHLIGHT MAKES EASY TO SEE)
5.LOCATE THE FLAME TUBE WHICH LOOKS LIKE AN OPEN CYLINDER (THIS IS A FEW INCHES FROM RIGHT SIDE TOWARDS CENTER OF DRYER) - ON THE LEFT BOTTOM SIDE OF THIS FLAME TUBE THERE ARE 2 SETS OF WIRES (1 IN THE INSIDE OF THIS FLAME TUBE AND 1 ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE FLAME TUBE) THE 1 SET OF TWO WIRES THATS INSIDE OF FLAME TUBE IS WHERE YOU WILL BE LOCATING A "BUTTON OR PIN SWITCH" - THIS WILL BE RIGHT BETWEEN BOTH WIRES (MINE WAS BLACK COLOR BUTTON ON A METAL PIN).
"PUSH / CLICK" THIS BUTTON BUT MAKE SURE THERE IS NO NOISE AROUND YOU BECAUSE YOU NEED TO HEAR TO MAKE SURE YOU HEAR A "CLICK" SOUND - I MISSED IT BUT ONCE CLICKED IT WONT CLICK AGAIN BUT ITS OK CUZ IT WILL WORK).
6. BEFORE PUTTING EVERTHING BACK TOGETHER I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU VACUUM OUT ALL LINT/ DUST BUNNIES FROM THE INSIDE OF THE AREA YOU WERE JUST IN (AROUND THE FLAME TUBE). i EVEN UNSCREWED THE OUTSIDE OF LINT CATCHER TOOK IT OFF (EASY) AND CLEANED IT. I ALSO VACUUMED THE BACK OF DRYER WHERE EXHAUST COMES OUT AND VACUUMED THE VENT THAT GOES TO WALL AND THE VENT GOING UP TO MY ATTIC AND MADE SURE THE AIR FLOW WAS GOOD THROUGHT THAT WHOLE AREA (SHOP VAC WORKED GOOD CUZ YOU CAN USE IT TO VACUUM BOTH BY SUCKING AND BLOWING AIR INTO THE AREAS WHERE VENTING / EXHAUST OCCUR).
7. PUT ALL PARTS AND SCREWS BACK, PLUG IN AND TURN DRYER ON WITH WET CLOTHES IN IT ...
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
If you are having problems with your gas dryer not heating the most common problem is that the ignitor goes bad. Even though it glows sometimes it is still not working properly.
if you dryer is gas check out this gas no heat tip....
If you have an electric dryer, you can have many different things that can go wrong causing the dryer not to heat.
check out this electric no heat tip...
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2015 | Kitchen Ranges
Aug 17, 2011 | Nissan Maxima Cars & Trucks
Dec 28, 2010 | Intertherm Heating & Cooling
Jan 30, 2010 | Yahoo Mail
Sep 22, 2009 | Mountain Plumbing Mountain The "Little...
Apr 06, 2009 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Feb 02, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Sep 29, 2008 | 2000 Nissan Quest
May 30, 2008 | Kenmore 88752 Top Load Stacked Washer /...
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!