Question about Mitsubishi WD-62725 62" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
About 5 minutes after turning on set picture will bounce or flutter on all channels for about 5 minutes after that it's fine.I'm guessing it's a warm up problem but have no idea what to do before it gets worse.
In case there is a loose connection and the convergence board is not damaged. This is what I did and worked out "perfect".
My Mitsubishi HDTV Medallion 1080 has been with us for about 7 years.
The TV started showing distortioned colors and images and even when I used the convergence options from the main menu, it would not show clear images until it would be working for around an hour or if we would hit it until the image would fix. It got worst over the time at a point that it would require 2-3 hours working and several punches and kicks.
No doubt dust has done it's job, well, a vacum with a brush end can help resolve the problem.
1. Make sure the TV is off and disconnected from power.
2. Remove the rear cover at the back (it is clear wood colored and is at the lower part of the cabinet)
3. Using a vacum with a brush end, vacum all the dust that you will find. Be cautious not to hit the components and do not or apply preassure while doing the work
4. On the left side, you will see a card over a mother board, make sure to vacum it well and that it is well inserted in the slot (I did apply some preassure to make sure it was fully inserted)
It took me around 15 minutes and my tv is working like NEW.
While you are removing the dust with the vacum, you may want to vacum the 3 lenses as well, again, using the vacum, no need to clean them with a cloth. I saw a thick layer of dust over them and could remove it easily with the vacum.
Hope this will work for you.
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
Dec 08, 2012 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Jun 07, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jul 01, 2011 | Toshiba 57H81 57" Rear Projection...
Mar 09, 2008 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2000 40 in. LCD HDTV
model # VS-60607 Mfg Yr February 2000 Big Screen TV:
1. tearing/fluttering/ripping across entire screen caused by damages associated with diode 522, and;
2. the problem is really an OEM Mitsubishi causation as the
leads of said diode get too hot <too much current flowing through
it> and this component lifts itself off of the main circuit board, &;
3. supplemental hidden damages arise from this, and;
4. you should not attempt to fix this set but rather contact the
national & state Consumer Protection staff & file a complaint, &;
5. pleadings should say:
a. this set almost burned down our/my home & us to death;
b. we paid too much money for this to happen, and;
c. we demand full replacement of the set & money for our
inconvenience for all of the above, and;
d. said replacement need not be a Mitsubishi but like unit;
6. check with Martindale-Hubble to find a good law firm/lawyer.
7. have fun, eh!
Oct 07, 2007 | Mitsubishi VS-60607 TV
Jul 31, 2007 | Sony KV-20S40 20" TV
Oct 18, 2006 | Mitsubishi VS-60705 60" Rear Projection...
598 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: