Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router (e125894)
Hi. Please verify all the connections and follow the procedure below.
all the best!
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
Ayt, there should be a reset button on the router where you press and hold it for at least 8 secs while the router is on. That should fix it. Now, you need to make sure that your router is secured to prevent unwanted access from neighbors and limits only access to your computers. to access it, connect a pc on the router via wire, open a browser and type http://192.168.1.1 on the address bar. It will open the router's configuration screen. from ther you can play around with security, Basic security for wifi is WEP or WPA but I would suggest MAC filtering for more security if you are familiar with MAC addresses. Post a comment if you need further details and instructions.
Hope this helps..
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Feb 27, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Nov 14, 2009 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Sep 20, 2009 | Sensaphone Computers & Internet
Jul 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 29, 2009 | RCA Thomson Digital Cable Modem (DCM305R)
Mar 12, 2009 | HP Pavilion A255CB PC Desktop
Jul 18, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Apr 29, 2008 | Linksys (RT31P2) Router
Jan 24, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: