8700g BB froze up after downloading a file. I think it was Skype....now my phone screen flashes on and off so is the red light.
I unpluged everything and waited. then no improvement. please tell me what can I do and how to go about fixing the phone...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hopefully you have sync'd the BB before this happened.
1) uninstalled DM4.7 (this also fixed the annoying virtual serial port issue)
2) deleted/uninstall the BB4.2 and BB4.5 versions previously installed onto the computer
3) downloaded and installed DM4.5,
4) installed BB4.5
5) removed the vendor.xml file
6) with the phone disconnected, put in the battery for a split second until the solid red LED shows, then connect the mini-usb cable to the phone and at the same time take the battery back out (this seemed to be the only way to make the PC 'detect' the phone)
7) run Application Loader, which detected my BB4.5, and updated the phone's OS/software/apps
8) near the end ,when the app loader says something like "connecting to phone" or something like that, put the battery -back- into the phone
9) this seemed to initiate the installation of the phone's core modules, a 10 minute process or so
10) after that you get the rotating hourglass thing on the phone's screen, and after waiting about 20 minutes or so, VOILA!!
go to www.blackberry.com and download the desktop manager for your phone and service provider and reinstall the software. if it is an unlocked phone you need to navigate to the common files/rim and delete the vender file first.
This is called the hourglass of death...You need to reload the apps, but Desktop manager wont let you... You need to trick it into a connection
First make sure the BB is unplugged, then go to Program Files > Common
Files >Research In Motion > AppLoader and run
loader.exe.Click next, it will say port : COM PORT
1now is the tricky part you have to plug in the BB and COM 1
will change to PIN: UNKOWN , when this happens you have to quickly click next
before it reboots again, then it will ask for pin and now has an connection with
the device so you can go ahead and re load all the
Pull battery and connect to usb cable to computer, make sure you have BB desktop manager and lastest sw downloaded, run application loader without battery, once the application loader starts insert battery, application loader will prompt you to backup and restore, make sure you allow the backup and restore.