Question about Intel Server Platform SRKA4
I'm setting up a SRKA4 server which has been boxed since its purchase in 2000.
At present its beeping but nothing else and though I've searched the documentation I can't find a complete list of beep codes. The current code is 2-2-3-3 but there is nothing in the user documentation on this code.
The error (whaterver it is) prevents the server from reaching the stage where it displays any infomation on screen so I only have the beep code to interperet the error.
At present the machine has 2GB of memory installed in slots A1-A2 ->D1-D2 and a single 500mhz processor but has all the VRM and blank CPU's fitted.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
1) your server is 8 years old (in box). Many things could be wrong. It could be dead on arrival , damaged in transit , etc.,
2) These beep codes are only released to tech crew . Search their web site for the info.
3) The web site may not have the info (they usually show the up-to-date models only).
4) Find a tech crew to service it.
5) Any new server / equipment must be tested on arrival to make sure they work. Else , you would be paying for goods that are faulty (DOA) , in which case you qualify for one to one exchange. Don't let is just sit there. Test them even though they are not needed immediately due to change of project schedules etc., You can always test , UAT , then box it back up. This way , when you need it quickly , it will probably work. I find this the best way to be ready for quick use.
Posted on Jun 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2013 | HP ProLiant ML115 G5 Server
May 08, 2012 | Dell PowerEdge 2500 Server
Sep 10, 2011 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
Apr 28, 2011 | HP Compaq ProLiant ML370 G2 Server
Apr 18, 2011 | Dell PowerEdge 6600...
May 01, 2009 | Dell Precision 530 Dual Xeon 1.7GHZ, 1GB...
May 06, 2008 | Dell POWEREDGE 2400 Server
Feb 22, 2008 | Gateway 960 Series (gtwy960) Server
266 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!