Question about Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Video Card Graphic Card
Im having problems with my GeForce FX 5500 graphics card...
its always making my computer Freeze when im openning games
can you please help me about my problem?
im only 14 years old i live at Philippines
Hi Jhacy, there are a few reasons why you're system would freeze when opening a game you want to play.
1. Please check the game requirements needed for PC. You're system must meet the minimal requirements. If you bought this game, the information will be listed on the game box.
If you do not have the box than go to the web site home page for the game & find the minimal requirements needed to play that game. It is not always about the video card. It is also about you're PC system. CPU strength, system memory, size & speed. Operating system, is the operating system updated?
Even over-all system peformance. Run windows system defrag to help you're primary drive re-gain some speed.
2. Make sure you're FX 5500 is using the latest software drivers.
3. Install microsoft directx 9.0c Click this link to download & install.
4. Each game will most likely have (Game updates/patches).
Go to the games main web page & download & install any updates and or patches.
5. Lastly, when you first open the game. There should be a section for (Settings). Lower the video settings for the game. Exzample: If you have the video settings set to High, change it/them to low or medium low.
After everything I mentioned above has been run checked, updated & installed & the game still freezes it may be time to call the makers of the game. Every game site has technical support. You can email them with you're troubles trying to play the game. Chances are after doing all the above you may not need to contact the game maker.
Good Luck Jhacy!
Please let me know if this has helped.
Posted on May 13, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2011 | Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Video Card Graphic...
on Nov 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 23, 2011 | Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Video Card Graphic...
Feb 18, 2011 | Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Video Card, 128MB...
Nov 16, 2010 | Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Video Card Graphic...
Jul 13, 2010 | HP GeForce FX 5200, (128 MB) AGP Graphic...
Apr 22, 2010 | Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Video Card Graphic...
Jan 25, 2010 | ASUS A7V880 Motherboard
Jun 01, 2008 | Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Video Card Graphic...
May 08, 2007 | XFX GeForce FX 5200 Graphic Card
691 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: