An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: jvc mini dv 16x optical zoom in safe gaurd mode
1. The drum cannot be started or drum rotation is stopped
because tape transport load is too high.
1) Tape tension is extremely high.
2) The tape is damaged or soiled with grease, etc.
2. The DRUM FG signal is not received by the syscon
1) Disconnection in the middle of the signal line.
2) Failure of the DRUM FG pulse generator (hall element).
3. No drum control voltage is supplied to the MDA.
4. No power is supplied to the DRUM MDA.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I solved the problem! Open the video cassette door. Look closely at the gear mechanism and see if there is any small debris in the gears. If not, using a magnifying glass and a paper clip(must stretch it out and use the tip) gently move each gear(gently). I had my unit ON. Once I moved the gear it became unstuck and ejected Mini DV cassette. I then re-inserted the cassette and it worked. The dreaded SAFEGAURD MODE message was gone and it is as good as new.