Question about Lexmark T630 Laser Printer
I did resolve the problem. It was to do with the main power board, which needed to be replaced. Not to expensive as I bought another (older) second hand printer for not very much and worked out how to remove the board from it and replace the damaged one in the near new printer.
I believe the problem arose from me moving the printer while it was turned on and some movement occurred between the extra paper tray and the main unit causing an electrical spike/surge/short ? A very simple mistake that was costly in time.
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
Hi Bret! Since this is a brand new printer, I would advise calling Lexmark. I'm afraid that you may void your warranty if you do much more at this point except for going back through the steps to make sure the duplexer was installed correctly.
1. Power off the printer and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet
2. Push the release button, and gently lower the front door.
3. Release the green tabs and lift up the image transfer belt.
4. Remove the cover over the duplex connector.
5, Remove the duplex option from the packaging. Carefully install the option into the printer, under the image transfer unit. NOTE: Make sure to line up the arrows on the duplex option with the arrows on the printer. Make sure the duplex option locks into position.
6. Lower the image transfer belt back into position. Make sure the belt locks into position.
7. Close the front cover.
8. Plug the printer back in, then power the printer on.
9. Try printing a few pages to confirm that the duplex option is securely installed. Then select the duplex option in the software and print a few double-sided pages to confirm that the duplex option is working.
The following link will take you to the instructions for enabling the duplex option in the software.
If the above does't work, I would strongly suggest contacting Lexmark for further help.
Posted on May 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2014 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 19, 2011 | Konica Minolta magicolor 1690MF All-In-One...
May 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
"Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
Press and release the "OK" button
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu".
2. Press and release the "OK" button.
3. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
4. Press and release the "OK" button.
5. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
6. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
7. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit."
Procedure from http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
Apr 23, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 16, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Sep 25, 2009 | Lexmark T632 Laser Printer
Jun 29, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 11, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 14, 2007 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
268 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!