Hi,I have a compaq armada m700 laptop. When i bought it the people told me that they thought the ac adaptor was no good because no screen display or the cdrom doesnt open up and in the front of it the lights are orange. So i bought a new ac adaptor only to find out i have the same problem. Even the fan wont spin underneath the laptop. Is there something i can do what do you think it could be? Please help me. Thank you so kindly
Sounds like you may have a problem with the internal power supply box? I am not sure but that may be at least something for you to have checked out. If the fan is not spinning this is usually a sign this may be what the problem is. GOOD LUCK!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
this may be because the battery is dead so you may have to keep the charger attaached to the laptop for power. if this does not work then this means that the battery is no longer good so u will need to replace it.
Always start with the simplest solution first so start by cleaning all the contacts, AC adapter laptop plug, laptop socket, laptop battery contacts and battery contacts.
How have you confirmed power output from the AC adapter? have you used a voltmeter to ensure you are getting power at the laptop end?
Have you used a voltmeter to test the battery?
Assuming you have tried all this don't forget that almost any component can interrupt power on some laptops, however you're 2 main culprits with this kind of problem are usually power controller (voltage regulator) and in some cases, on a laptop of this vintage, the charge controller built in to the battery.
Try it with a different battery if you have one.
Hope you doing good.
Please try the following solution :
1. Disconnect the power cable.
2. Take out the battery
3. Keep holding down the power button for 60 seconds.
4. Put the battery back in.
5. Connect the power adapter
6. Make sure the Power adapter is switched on and laptop is on AC Power
7. Wait for 5 minutes and try to restart the computer
8. If it still doesn't starts.
9. Hold down the power button for 60 seconds with AC adapter and battery connected
10. Try to restart now and check.
11. If it still doesn't switch on
12. Take out the battery and run on only Ac adapter and restart.
Please advise if this still doesn't helps.