Question about HP Computers & Internet
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 20, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
May 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 19, 2011 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Mar 21, 2011 | Everex StepNote NC1500 Notebook
Mar 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 19, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jan 13, 2011 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
Nov 06, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
Nov 01, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Dec 24, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Oct 06, 2016 | HP "LaserJet P2055DN Printer"
397 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!